“Good food BUT....”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Echuca
“Good food BUT....”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

great breakfast - only hiccup was the pancakes were advertised with ice-cream on the menu, the girl taking the order asked someone in the kitchen if it was included and they said no - I explained it was included on the menu and she told me "not to worry" about it. When I checked the bill when I got home I had been charged extra for the ice-cream. Not happy Jan don't like being dismissed. Next time will be checking the bill before I leave.

Visited August 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Great coffee, fresh food and friendly staff”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place is the best! Great coffee – the morning line speaks for itself and the staff are very friendly! The food is always fresh and includes delicious breakfasts cooked to order and their lunch time salads and hot menu are excellent! Service with a smile and the amount of people in the place speaks for itself. Great Friday night drinking spot as well even in winter with the upstairs bar, the new cocktail menu and food menu for Friday nights is well portioned for an after work snack with a drink.

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Offensive Sleezy Owner”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Women beware - the owner of this place is a sleeze ball. He makes highly inappropriate comments to female customers. His over familiar manner is offensive and a growing number of women who work near-by have banned going back. To top it all off, the coffee is average. Stay away.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Anna H
“Nice place, great coffee but not clean.”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stumbled on this place looking for a quick breakfast. Coffee is fabulous, big breakfast was great value. Service ok, but the place was not overly clean (e.g. other customers leftovers still on tables, crumbs on seats and floor).

Perth WA
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was on a business trip and found this a great place for breakfast. Sadly I discovered it on my last morning, but I will certainly remember it on my next trip to Melbourne.

The coffee was well flavoured and just the right temperature (I have long black). My breakfast was from the specials board and was french toast with fresh banana, blueberry compote and a walnut crumble. This was DELICIOUS! When it was placed in front of me I thought there was no way I would be able to eat it all, however it so yummy I ate it all.... :)

I also had a takeaway vegetable juice here and my one and only complaint was that. it was supposed to be carrot, celery and ginger however the only flavour I could taste and it was certainly the only colour was the carrot. Now I juice my own vegetable juice every day at home so I will admit I am quite fussy about this, however I was disappointed I could not taste any celery or ginger. I would definitely recommend this cafe for anyone. There was a huge selection of food for lunch also being prepared which looked fabulous. Maybe next time i will try lunch. :)

Visited February 2013