“Rum and raisin ice cream ”
Review of IL Dolce Freddo

IL Dolce Freddo
Ranked #7 of 113 Dessert in Melbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

Ventured to Il Dolce Freddo after dinner for a treat for the kids.

Ice cream cones Belgian chocolate and rum and raisin were the go. The Belgian chocolate was a great hit not to rich and was amazed you could try so we were impressed.

Positioned well to other venues.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

This is wonderful for dessert after a meal in Lygon Street the ice cream/gelato are wonderful here and staff are terrific the atmosphere always is nice and the place is always full even in summer what a terrific shop in Lygon street.

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

We absolute love Il Dolce Fredo! Their gelati is the best we've had and trust me, we've tried many different establishments including Pidapipo and Gelato Messina in Fitzroy.

The gelati at Il Dolce Feddo are always fresh and the flavours true. We've had nearly every flavour here including the frozen yoghurt varieties and there's not one we didn't find delightfully scrumptious. Our personal favourites are the Ferrero and the Pistachio flavours, respectively. In fact we prefer the Pistachio here over that of Gelateria Dondoli in San Gimignano, Italy!

6  Thank Slim5144
Reviewed April 27, 2017

I love this place!!!! I have been all over Europe, including Italy, and nothing comes close to Il Dolce Freddo ice-cream. They always have something new for me to try when i visit after a dinner in Lygon Street. The staff are always helpful when i can't make up my mind and the owners seem very passionate about what they do making all their products in-house. Definitely worth the trip every time!

Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

I've tried almost all the ice cream/gelato shops in the area (yes I'm an ice cream addict) and this is my favourite. Consistently delicious. Have tasted most of the flavours - so yummy. The staff were super friendly and patient even though they were packed. I'll be back soon!

1  Thank JOHNandSAMMI
ildolcefreddoaus, Owner at IL Dolce Freddo, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Thanks very much for your great feedback. Super thrilled you love our gelato and hope to see you again soon!