“still amazing!”

Ranked #8 of 114 Dessert in Melbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I used to come to this gelati place all the time about 7 years ago, I moved interstate and sometimes come back to Melbourne to visit the in-laws. I decided to go back to freddos the other week with my kids for the first time in YEARS! and its still incredible! it blew my mind! I found out that its still owned by the same couple that used to own it when I used to live here and they still make the ice cream themselves everyday. I just cant believe it. you have to pop in if youre in Melbourne and try the mint and roche!! my absolute fave flavours!
cant wait for my next trip to Melbourne!

By the way, the kids loved it too!

3  Thank Kate W

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was in the search for a gelato store that was relatively close to RMIT (the university in which I study), and I happened to come across Il Dolce Freddo. The range of flavours offered at Il Dolce Freddo far exceeded my expectations, ranging from chocolates to fruits. The serving size was quite generous, and the flavours, don't get me started on the flavours.. they just exploded on my tastebuds, every granule of strawberry was present, and it had the right amount of punch.

3  Thank georgewong1990
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Don't get caught up in the social hype of other Melbourne gelato shops, Il Dolce Freddo is hands down THE best in town! Not only is the product seriously amazing, the staff are absolutely wonderful! I have been coming here for 7 years now and it is always a pleasurable experience.

3  Thank Bridget L
Reviewed July 6, 2014

this was amazing! my favourite flavours were definitely the roche and black forest but i cannot wait to go back for more! great service, very happy people :D!!!

2  Thank Vincent c
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Friendly staff who know what they are talking about! About time as well. We are saturated by so much pretentiousness in Melbourne so it's refreshing to finally receive down to earth service with a 10/10 product. Best gelati I have had in 40 years.

3  Thank Max L