“From History to Street Art”
Review of Melbourne By Foot

and up
Central Melbourne Walking Tour
Ranked #38 of 265 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Once described as a 'comprehensive highlight of the city', the Melbourne By Foot walking tour is a must for any visitor to the cultural capital of Australia. At only $40 (including coffee/tea) and with daily departures, Melbourne By Foot is the most convenient and best value way to experience the city. Our fun and informal tours show our enthusiasm for the city's past and present, our friendly guides are all 'big on Melbourne' and we are happy to share with you the unique parts of the city which many visitors miss.We have recently launched a new tour called 'The Beer Lovers Guide to Melbourne'. We have combined our passion for the past and present as well as our enthusiasm for the local craft beer scene to create an interesting and enjoyable night time tour. Come and experience Melbourne with us.
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I rang this company up last minute on the day when I wanted to do the tour, Dave told me I'm the only person on the day (it was on a weekday outside of tourist season) and kindly offered the tour just for myself!!!

So for $29 I had a private tour guide for 3 hours!!!

He started off the tour giving me a detailed story of how Melbourne was founded while walkign through all the major landmarks of the city, he proceeded to show me some of the interesting places off the beaten track like alleys where all the original street art works can be found, that including some early Banksy work!

I would highly recommend this tour for anyone who wants something a little different, we covered some obvious city attraction but he cleverly combined it with some little known arts around the city to make the tour very interesting.

This will highly appeal to someone who wants something a little different.

2  Thank angelwink

Reviewed September 28, 2010

The host Dave does a brilliant job at explaining Melbourne's history and culture on his walking tour of Melbourne. Dave is very personable and well-informed. As a local I learned more about the city in which I live in a couple of hours than I had in 16 years of living here. This tour is highly recommended and excellent value. Please note it does involve 2.5 hours of walking and being on one's feet, covering about 4 kilometres of city streets and laneways. The pace is very gentle though.

1  Thank Peter3801
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Fantastic tour.
Affable, knowledgable & likeable host.
Despite travelling to Melbourne over the past 10 years, this tour made me fall completely in love with a side of the city I never knew existed.

Any hint of a creative bone in your body will be stimulated by this tour so strap yourself in for a great dose of inspiration.

1  Thank angeleneangelene
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Great way to explore in a personable way with lots of healthy walking!

Reviewed July 31, 2010

It was a GREAT experience to take a walk with Dave through the street's of Melbourne. We both enjoyed it and got a new look at a city that we have been living in for 5 month's but not yet have the time to visit.

I strongly recommend this walking tour to anyone that would like to get an intimate look at this beautiful city.

Simon