“The best way to unlock the Melbourne Treasure Trove”
Review of Melbourne By Foot

and up
Central Melbourne Walking Tour
Ranked #38 of 265 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Once described as a 'comprehensive highlight of the city', the Melbourne By Foot walking tour is a must for any visitor to the cultural capital of Australia. At only $40 (including coffee/tea) and with daily departures, Melbourne By Foot is the most convenient and best value way to experience the city. Our fun and informal tours show our enthusiasm for the city's past and present, our friendly guides are all 'big on Melbourne' and we are happy to share with you the unique parts of the city which many visitors miss.We have recently launched a new tour called 'The Beer Lovers Guide to Melbourne'. We have combined our passion for the past and present as well as our enthusiasm for the local craft beer scene to create an interesting and enjoyable night time tour. Come and experience Melbourne with us.
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Fantastic tour.
Affable, knowledgable & likeable host.
Despite travelling to Melbourne over the past 10 years, this tour made me fall completely in love with a side of the city I never knew existed.

Any hint of a creative bone in your body will be stimulated by this tour so strap yourself in for a great dose of inspiration.

1  Thank angeleneangelene

Reviewed August 19, 2010

Great way to explore in a personable way with lots of healthy walking!

Reviewed July 31, 2010

It was a GREAT experience to take a walk with Dave through the street's of Melbourne. We both enjoyed it and got a new look at a city that we have been living in for 5 month's but not yet have the time to visit.

I strongly recommend this walking tour to anyone that would like to get an intimate look at this beautiful city.

Simon

Reviewed June 14, 2010

A friend recommended this tour and I had a fantastic time. I learnt lots of new things and the tour took me to places in Melbourne that I didn't know existed. The pace of the tour was great and I enjoyed stopping along the way for a coffee and socializing with other participants. There was a few people on the tour but Dave took the time to interact with all the others on the tour. I found the street art to be the most interesting part and somewhere I probably wouldn't have found myself.

I found lots of new places to explore and Dave even recommended some cool bars and cafes to check out afterwards. This was a great way to explore the city and I'm already telling all my friends who head to Melbourne.

3  Thank TassieJay
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I went on this walking tour a few months ago. The group size was small and the guide (Dave) was extremely knowledgable and friendly. The tour covered a range of topics from traditional history to quirky tales and facts whilst taking a nice stroll through the laneways and other spots. I am from Melbourne but found some new areas to explore and imagine this would be a great orientation tour for people who first arrive in the city.
The price and convenience of the booking & tour mean that I recommend this to any visitor who comes to Melbourne.

3  Thank markburrows