“Interesting, informative, and fun tour”
Review of Melbourne By Foot

Book In Advance
More Info
$30.58*
and up
Central Melbourne Walking Tour
Ranked #43 of 272 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Once described as a 'comprehensive highlight of the city', the Melbourne By Foot walking tour is a must for any visitor to the cultural capital of Australia. At only $40 (including coffee/tea) and with daily departures, Melbourne By Foot is the most convenient and best value way to experience the city. Our fun and informal tours show our enthusiasm for the city's past and present, our friendly guides are all 'big on Melbourne' and we are happy to share with you the unique parts of the city which many visitors miss.We have recently launched a new tour called 'The Beer Lovers Guide to Melbourne'. We have combined our passion for the past and present as well as our enthusiasm for the local craft beer scene to create an interesting and enjoyable night time tour. Come and experience Melbourne with us.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My two kids, partner and I took the cultural tour with Dave. A great afternoon was had by all as we walked around the center city and learned about the history, culture and street art of Melbourne, including some great glimpses into the Melbourne cafe culture that we joined later in the trip. Well worth the cost. Dave was really nice in a low key way -- very cool according to my kids -- and neither patronized us nor assumed too much background. He seems to genuinely like visitors (maybe people generally) and was easy to talk to. Good orientation to downtown.

1  Thank SanFranFamily2014
Dave C, Owner at Melbourne By Foot, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Hi SanFranFamily2014,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It was great to share the experience with you and your two children. We always recommend the tour as a first stop for guests with a great insight an orientation of the city. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the laid back nature of the tour (and chuffed your kids thought I was cool! ;-))

Hopefully you get a chance to return to Melbourne in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Well it is the only beer tour I have done but it was a great experience and pretty much every pub we went to would be one I would not have known. Dave was a great guide and really knows his stuff. I would recommend this to everyone coming to Melbourne.

1  Thank Mrtynz
Dave C, Owner at Melbourne By Foot, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Hi Mrtynz,

Happy to know this is on top of your list of beer tours - even if it is the only one (so far)! It sounds like you enjoyed visiting some of the venues and the historical context of the tour. We pride ourselves on taking guests to some places they would not otherwise find.

Hope to see you back again in Melbourne in the future. Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was given this tour as a gift from a Melbournian friend who ended up accompanying me on the walk. We had a fantastic time with Dave - who combines a wicked sense of humour with an amazing knowledge of the history and culture of the inner city. He has a great knack for describing historical facts without passing judgement! We enjoyed the company, the sights, the coffee and especially the small group - it was just like being shown around by a good friend! The visit to the alley ways to view the street art was a real highlight! Thanks again Dave - would recommend this trip to visitors and locals!

Hi Paddi,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It was a great pleasure having you and Jill along as both as locals and visitors. When conceiving Melbourne By Foot, I wanted to replicate the experience of being shown around a new city with a friend. What I didn't realise is there would be many more locals and regular visitors who enjoyed seeing a unique side of a city for which they have become familiar with. I take great pleasure in the knowledge that you enjoyed the Cultural Walk tour with me.

Melbourne is a fantastic city to live in and visit and I am sure I will see you back here again soon.

Melbourne by Foot

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The best thing we did in Melbourne. We did the tour as way to get introduced to the city. It took us all throughout places we would have never gone by ourselves and gave us a great insight to the city and culture. Such a great time, 10/10 would recommend.

Hi Em,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are lucky to live in a city of great treasures - many hidden from the main streets. A 10/10 is a huge compliment and I'm pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your tour with Melbourne By Foot.

Hope to see you back here again in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was a fantastic walking tour we took on our third day in Melbourne after moving from the US. It was really the perfect introduction to the Central Business District (CBD). Dave spent three hours with us, showing us not only the main tourist attractions but some of the lesser known sights & quirky spots only locals would know about. We were incredibly pleased with how friendly, welcoming & knowledgeable Dave was, especially when he took time after the tour was over to give us suggestions for great spots to eat & drink around town. We will definitely be recommending this tour to our family & friends who come to visit us.

Dave C, Owner at Melbourne By Foot, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Hi Jane,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review! We always hope that visitors do this tour as their first stop and as new residents of the city, I am so happy that you got a great introduction to this fantastic city. Melbourne is a city of many treasures and the aim of Melbourne By Foot is to share local experience and put you in great stead to eat, drink and enjoy your time in Melbourne.

Hope to see you out exploring the city again.