“a great way to learn about Melbourne”
Review of Melbourne By Foot

Book In Advance
More Info
$31.82*
and up
Central Melbourne Walking Tour
Ranked #39 of 266 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Once described as a 'comprehensive highlight of the city', the Melbourne By Foot walking tour is a must for any visitor to the cultural capital of Australia. At only $40 (including coffee/tea) and with daily departures, Melbourne By Foot is the most convenient and best value way to experience the city. Our fun and informal tours show our enthusiasm for the city's past and present, our friendly guides are all 'big on Melbourne' and we are happy to share with you the unique parts of the city which many visitors miss.We have recently launched a new tour called 'The Beer Lovers Guide to Melbourne'. We have combined our passion for the past and present as well as our enthusiasm for the local craft beer scene to create an interesting and enjoyable night time tour. Come and experience Melbourne with us.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've been to Melbourne several times and visited most of the must-dos. The walking do however showed me some places i would never find on my own and provided lots of interesting historical and cultural information. Dave, the guide, was very engaging and helpful. recommended.

Dave C, Owner at Melbourne By Foot, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Hi NFC6076,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's always great to get repeat visitors to the city coming on our Melbourne By Foot walking tours. Inevitably, guests are always surprised about how much learn about a city they thought they knew. I a happy you enjoyed the mix of history and cultural information.

Hope to see you back in Melbourne again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

It was our first visit to Melbourne over Christmas so decided to take the tour based on other reviews & wasn't disappointed. Dave was the best guide you could wish for, showing us parts of the city we wouldn't have found by ourselves. His knowledge of the city was incredible & the way he talked made us feel like we'd known him all our lives. Even though there was a lot to see & hear we never felt rushed & Dave gave us plenty of time to soak up what Melbourne has to offer. The only problem was it was our last day so we didn't have chance to explore further what Dave had shown us. At least its an excuse to come back to Melbourne! See you next time Dave.

Hi Rob,

I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed the tour. When I set up Melbourne By Foot I wanted to replicate the experience of being shown around a city by a friend - to have you say that you felt like we had been friends all our lives is a honour. Melbourne certainly is a great city with lots to offer. We also encourage guests to take the tour on the first available day to get the most out of their stay. Even better if you return in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Regards.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I took the tour with Dave and it was great! Very informative and engaging and learned so much. Definitely recommend it to locals and travelers alike.

Hi Christa,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. That's a great photo of Simon and I you have posted. Our bright t-shirts match the brighter street art!

Hope to see you back in Melbourne again soon.

Cheers,.
Dave

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I took the CBD tour based on recommendations from friends. I enjoyed it so much that I took the pub tour the next week. Both were interesting, a bit quirky and very engaging. David is able to relate to people of all ages and nationalities while telling fascinating stories.

Dave C, Owner at Melbourne By Foot, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hi Kathy,

It was great to have you along on our Cultural Walk tour and even better that you decided to come along to the following week's Beer Lovers Guide to Melbourne evening tour. I am pleased you enjoyed the engaging nature of the tours and the quirky stories - Melbourne is full of them!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Regards.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We enjoyed all aspects of our tour with Dave.
He's a great guide and strikes the perfect balance of sharing information/insights and giving us time to take in what we are seeing. Also, I really enjoyed hearing Dave's anecdotal insider stories.

We learned so much about the Melbourne culture and art scene.

Hi Jen & Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to pen a review. I get great satisfaction out of delivering tours and I'm extremely happy that you enjoyed the your afternoon with Melbourne By Foot. One of the biggest kicks I get is when I see guests out enjoying the city in the days after the tour. I saw the two of you exploring some of the city's laneways and arcades on two occasions afterwards. I am happy that the tour providing such a springboard for your enjoyment of the city.

I hope you return again in the near future.