“Amusement Arcade”

Galactic Circus
Ranked #113 of 410 things to do in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: PLAYTIME Crown is our flagship arcade centre in Melbourne; jam packed with over 150 new games, enter and become anything you dream of; a world class baller, precision shooter or performance driver; the possibilities are endless!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amusement Arcade”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Galactic Circus is great and all, but some of the games they've got there are let-downs. Wish they'd repair them.

2 Thank Finlay B

• Indonesian first
Singapore
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A wide variety of games from different era....but disappointing in some aspect”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was excited to learnt of this mega complex of arcade. Being an arcade fan myself as far as I remember, I had to visit that place since casino is not my thing.

At first glance, the arcade boasts of a wide range of arcade games ranging as far as back as the 80s to the current. This is good as the clientele also consists of "old boys and girls" like us who are there to reminisce the good old days. For that I would have given 4 or even 5 stars.

Disappointingly though, quite a few of the machines there were not serviced properly especially the older ones: guns that won't shoot straight (e.g. the Japanese elevator one and the western rifle one), screens that are very faded and worn (e.g. star wars racer, point blank, sniper etc), machines where tickets were not dispensed at all and few simply have no lights or are not working at all. I wouldn't be complaining about it if not because I lost a few credits here and there because the machine didn't work. To add to the disappointment, the prizes for redemption are not exactly top-tiered prizes to die for. Even more than half of the ticket-counting machines would not take in tickets, resulting in a small queue at those few remaining serviceable ones. For this cardinal crime they have committed, I can only say my experience was average, thus the rating for the attraction is average.

3 Thank MarkoRamius23
Launceston, Australia
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Good Fun!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We visited here recently with our young son. We brought one of their cards and enjoyed some arcade games. Our son also enjoyed some rides and games at the centre. We spent some time here and had a great time!

Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Pricey but fun”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

The price itself is rather outrageous, but there are plenty of games to play and even bowling.. I suggest if you are with children take them during the day because the later at night it gets the more the bowling bar is filled with drunk adults/drinking and swearing (and photo bombing other people on the automated camera) which is great. Book in advance... And usually the more you put on your game card, a bigger discount you receive.. For memory a $30 is only $27... But a $20 costs you $20. And the money doesn't last long anyway.. So be prepared to waste some cash ALL IN THE NAME OF FUN!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank saytalex
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great arcade!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We found this place by accident and spent a good chunk of our night there! The one hour cards weren't bad but there wasn't any 2 or 3 hour ones, but the paid ticket machine cards were great value and a lot of fun!

Visited August 2013