Tripadvisor

Sal's Authentic New York Pizza
Order Online
Ranked #43 of 296 Quick Bites in Melbourne
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I'll be brief much like my experience. The thing that drew me to this place was simply the reference to the TV show Brooklyn 9-9 and am I glad it did.

The moment you walk in you notice the lovely wooden seating arrangement and the brick walls. I went up to the counter and was greeted by a lovely lady who happily took my order of half a buffalo chicken pizza (full size was around 18").

We took a seat to wait but their wasn't much point. It came straight out of the oven, nice and fresh and was dropped off to our table. We proceeded home to eat it and once we did I wish I had ordered a whole one even though I was full after the two slices I had (mind you I'm a big guy).

A great experience and will find time to return, that's for sure.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank renrocky
Thesalscrew, Marketing at Sal's Authentic New York Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hey Ren, We appreciate the great review. See you again for another slice soon!

Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

First time tryin this place and the pizza is fantastic also the mozzarella sticks so good with the hot dipping sauce highly recommend.

Date of visit: December 2019
Sals P, Guest Relations Manager at Sal's Authentic New York Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Hey Simon,

Thanks for coming in to try our pies. We really appreciate your positive review!

Reviewed December 21, 2019

Yes, this is authentic New York Pizza. It is part of the "Sal's Pizza of Little Neck" family pizzerias. Anyone who has read my pizza reviews knows that I am a Pepperoni Pizza Girl; and this place did not disappoint! The garlic knots were great too. The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is because the seating and layout is somewhat lacking.

Date of visit: November 2019

Hey Jess, thanks for popping in and trying our pizza. Glad to hear you enjoyed our Pepperoni!

Reviewed December 21, 2019

Sal's pizza, flinders lane, has great service, people are so friendly, they heat up the slices for you, and great Vegan option as well, so good!

Date of visit: December 2019

Thanks, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 18, 2019

When I first heard about Sal's I was intrigued. When I heard they're from Little Neck, I was impressed. When I tried their pepperoni pizza I was extremely happy. It's delicious! The cheese stretches just perfectly. For me, a taste of home being from Queens also. Hubby liked it so much he had a third slice, but this one was a plain cheese and that definitely brought me back to New York. Next time we're down in Melbourne we will definitely be stopping here again.

Date of visit: November 2019
Sals P, Public Relations Manager at Sal's Authentic New York Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2019

This post really warms our hearts. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!