Stayed here for 6 nights for a getaway with my husband. This hotel is brand new and very clean with a minimalist decor. We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon at 3pm and were checked in promptly by a trainee member of staff. In addition to our room rate, we were told that the hotel would place a $100 hold on our credit card for incidental charges, with this being released at the end of our stay should we not have incurred anything additional. The check-in took about 5 minutes.
Things we liked:
- Location, Location! If you're going to Melbourne to shop and dine, then this hotel is placed very well. There is a tram stop directly outside the entrance to the hotel and you just need to walk 2 blocks to catch the trams to Chapel St and The Queen Victoria Markets. Shopping precincts such as De Graves St, Melbourne Central, GPO, Flinders Lane, and Little Collins St are all within a walkable distance.
- There are plenty of food choices around the hotel. Turn right outside the entrance and 20 steps away is The Urban Deli which does great Breakfast and Coffee (Mon-Fri). Loads of fast food joints within reach like Nando's, Hungry Jacks, Pie Face etc. We love Asian food and were spoiled for choice as Chinatown is one street over.
- The pool and gym are nice. As with a new hotel, the cardio machines are brand new and have their own TV screens. There is also a dry sauna.
- We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and it was very spacious, with loads of storage. There was a fridge, microwave, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, pots, and appropriate utensils. The bed was really comfortable.
- The lifts are fast and frequent.
- The maintenance and housekeeping staff are pleasant and will return a greeting.
Things that could be improved upon:
- With the exception of Simon and another lady whose name escapes me, the front-of-house staff rarely cracked a smile when we walked through the lobby each day.
- If you don't like noise, there is construction going on next door which could be heard loud and clear from our room on the 15th floor. There is also a nightclub which can be heard on Saturday nights.
- There was only a 2-seater with a big sag in the middle in our lounge. Another chair to sit in would be good.
- The room is not serviced every day.
- Charges are applicable for Wi Fi and Wired internet. We used Wired and it cost $80 for a week roughly. I usually forgive a great deal from hotels but this is one of my pet hates, getting gouged to use the internet in your room. There are however, 3 Macs and a printer which you can use in the lobby free of charge if you wish.
We had a nice break at this hotel because it was right in the middle of where we wanted to be in the city. The room decor is nothing to write home about but it's all functional. With the exception of the internet charge, it ended up being a good choice for us because of the room rate, location, and food options nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines on Bourke is the epitome of Melbourne; vibrant and modern. Located in the heart of the city, the Apart’hotel is in the perfect location to experience all the world’s most livable city has to offer. Enjoy some retail therapy in the Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne Central and Emporium Melbourne; discover the magic of Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) and Rod Laver Arena with the Australian Football league (AFL), cricket, tennis, as well as world-class concerts. Relax and take a culinary journey with Melbourne’s unique dining experiences, all this and more, right on your doorstep. Though if it’s business that brings you to town, Citadines is located close to Parliament House, Collins Street and the SX1 and SX2 buildings, right within the Central Business District. Citadines boasts 380 serviced apartments, each with separate living and dining areas, fully-equipped kitchenettes and modern amenities. At Citadines, you will have the privacy of your own apartment, while enjoying the convenience of a hotel. The property also features a fully-equipped gym, indoor pool, sauna and outdoor sundeck; as well as conference and meeting rooms, business corner and complimentary wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citadines on Bourke Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines On Bourke Melbourne Hotel Melbourne