Firstly I want to mention free Wi-Fi!!!! Like a great Score, started January 2013!!! I'm a regular jet setter who stays at 5 star hotels or resorts but none of them have offered free Internet use. It was exciting to see here. The Wi-Fi was very slow so go downstairs and use one of their 3 Computers.
A group of us came to Melb on an adventure weekend and had a blast, it was great to come back to a comfortable atmosphere and bed. We stayed at Citadines for three days.
When we first arrived we were given the key cards to the top floor, two bedroom Standard apartment (level 25) room 2505. The views were amazing and all rooms had windows facing out into the city. The apartment itself is nothing amazing but it did the basics of a simple stay. I was surprised there was no laundry as all the other apartment complexes I've stayed at had this as a standard feature. There was a self serve laundry service but after purchasing tokens etc it would have cost $10 for a wash load, sort of crazy to be honest.
Counter staff were fantastic and polite at all times, really made the stay more enjoyable.
Unfortunately though I did not give this hotel top marks like the other places I've stayed at simply because the cleanliness was not up to hotel standard. It wasn't necessarily bad cleaning, but when I first hopped into my bed there were long hairs on the pillows and brown stains on the sheets. Lipstick on the doors and I'm a fella so I know it wasn't me..... Unless I was drunk trying to be a drag queen!!?! It was definitely from another set of patrons. Just some fine attention to detail would have made this room perfect. There is no room service on Sundays so be prepared, we had no problem with this but I think others would.
I never made a complaint to housekeeping but they were very co operative.
The hotel interior looks new and the amenities looked new in the apartment so there was no wear and tear evident at all.
The kitchen is very impressive and you have all the utensils you need for a good home cooked tea and dishwasher, with a large fridge.
The main bathroom floor was leaking water whenever I had a shower, i aussume a leak in the shower floor window, this will need to be looked at in the future.
There is a lap pool and small gym down in level one. A great, efficient elevator system. Didn't need to wait for a lift very long at all... Very impressed as some hotels you can wait for ages just to hop into a lift.
Location was excellent right near Hungrys, KFC and China town restaurants surround this part of the CBD. There is a tram stop directly outside the main entrance and taxis are always waiting outside, very convenient location.
There was a night club right next to the Citadines entrance and there was a lineup but the club patrons were ok and you needed a swipe card to get into the lobby. It was safe inside the buildings at all times.
Value for money was not too bad at all $320 for a 2 bedroom apartment, quite a steal really.
Now..... Would I return again??
- answer is no... If I was to stay in an apartment I would assume it comes with a washing machine after all that's what self serve apartments are all about! But overall was a great stay and I would still recommend it to my friends.
Nice work Citadines keep up the good work
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines on Bourke is the epitome of Melbourne; vibrant and modern. Located in the heart of the city, the Apart’hotel is in the perfect location to experience all the world’s most livable city has to offer. Enjoy some retail therapy in the Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne Central and Emporium Melbourne; discover the magic of Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) and Rod Laver Arena with the Australian Football league (AFL), cricket, tennis, as well as world-class concerts. Relax and take a culinary journey with Melbourne’s unique dining experiences, all this and more, right on your doorstep. Though if it’s business that brings you to town, Citadines is located close to Parliament House, Collins Street and the SX1 and SX2 buildings, right within the Central Business District. Citadines boasts 380 serviced apartments, each with separate living and dining areas, fully-equipped kitchenettes and modern amenities. At Citadines, you will have the privacy of your own apartment, while enjoying the convenience of a hotel. The property also features a fully-equipped gym, indoor pool, sauna and outdoor sundeck; as well as conference and meeting rooms, business corner and complimentary wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citadines on Bourke Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines On Bourke Melbourne Hotel Melbourne