“great hotel”

Citadines on Bourke Melbourne
Ranked #27 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed July 16, 2011

really enjoyed this - and the newly opened french-japonese restuarant

ask for a room with a view

good location

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HadP
Write a ReviewReviews (2,225)

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Great location... Front desk staff were quite blunt and rude, not many smiles!! Hotel itself and room were nicely presented. Quite clean. Air con/Heater was broken or dodgy, we couldn't get the room at comfortable temperature which was frustrating. Walls are PAPER THIN, we could hear everything, others talking, doors shutting, other toilets flushing, other phones ringing, which made it hard to sleep. We were told we had a one bedroom, which one would expect the bedroom to be separated from the rest of the room, but no, it was all one big room with a "sliding door" that covered 1 meter of a 3 meter space.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank ThailandLoverAU
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We were fortunate enough to receive an upgrade to a larger unit. The decor was modern and clean, although there were signs of wear and tear with some marks on the carpet. We found the front desk peopole very helpful always prepared to assist with a smile, however found it disappointing that our room was not serviced on Sunday. I also found the payment of an extra amount on booking in an unusual process.
Overall a nice place to stay

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stew_rol
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We had a great stay here. Right in the middle of the city so you can walk anywhere, nice studio room and helpful staff. We were on the 24th floor so we had great views too. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank holmanp
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I spent a month in another nearby hotel, and I must say I'm MUCH happier with Citadines. The rooms are modern, spacious and comfortable. Much better view, and so far service is top notch. I will definitely enjoy the rest of my stay and will look for Citadines in other cities. Did I mention the sound system rocks?! And having the kitchen is a nice option to going out to eat every day. The spa and pool are very clean and excellently maintained. 5 stars all the way!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JoeD22
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Took advantage of the stay two nights get the third free deal for my 5 night stay in Melbourne. I was put on a Executive Studio. Space was ample, bed was comfortable, view was inspiring. Housekeeping was prompt and attentive. The location is quite good, you can walk almost anywhere and where you cant, you can usually easily take a tram/cab. My only two gripes were:

1) water temperature fluctuated alot in the shower. I thought at first that it was perhaps because I was using the water during popular time of the day (morning) so I took a shower at night and had the same issue. Sometimes the water is cold and itll go really hot. Its not a deal breaker, but if you like longer showers then you'll notice.

2)Internet rate is $14 a day. That seems fairly high for a daily rate. I am usually already annoyed at having to pay for internet at a hotel to begin with. But almost $80 for a 5 nights stay is a bit much. I know that Australia is notorious for its stringent internet use, but I think almost $15 is a bit heavy handed and unwarranted.

Overall, its a great property and the rate I got was competitive. Having the use of a minifridge and kitchen was a good touch and set it above a normal hotel room elsewhere in the city. I'd probably skip it if there wasnt a special going on. I think with a rack rate and expensive internet, it starts to get kind of pricy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank lcastanon
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The property is in a great central location right on Bourke Street which makes getting around so easy. I brought my family to stay with me for the weekend while I was in Melbourne for work and everyone loved their apartments.
The apartments are so much more spacious than a regular hotel room so it is perfect for both business travellers or those travelling for leisure.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business