4,294 results
All reviewsmr hiveluxe roominfinity poolcasino complexvalet parkingpre dinner drinksshower and toiletsteam roomfloor to ceiling windowstop floorroom servicebuffet breakfastcity viewmodern hotelcorner roomsouth bankyarra river
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights. As a result of a mesed up booking (not the hotel's issue) I actually had two bookings and hence stayed one night in studio and 4 nights in a king room. Very nice contemporary rooms, with a particularly nice desk and accessible power points. In some ways a less plush but equally stylish Crown Towers. I thought, however, that the room service menu was a little more limited than I would have expected. A small warning for those who may want to have a twin room with a colleague: the bathroom has no door and the toilet and shower only have frosted glass.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Crown Metropol thoroughly deserves its positive reviews and ratings. Exceptional service and great facilities throughout.

Likes - Almost everything. Nothing was too much trouble, even helping me connect my laptop to the LCD to watch my own movies :)

Dislikes - Pricing has become slightly ridiculuous for almost everything. Especially breakfast which was ok but nothing to rave about. Certainly the breakfast and room service meals can't compare with the Shangri-La for example (even if the food had Gordon Ramsey's name all over it).

Well done to Crown, but don't expect to walk away without a slight pain in your hip pocket.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank OzTourist2010
Reviewed January 30, 2011

On the positive the pool is fantastic, the room was very nice, most of the staff were friendly. On the negative the pillows for me were terrible, I had to sleep wiith a rolled towel under my neck for support. When I had an issue with my credit card, the gentleman on the desk gave me the "your problem" attitude, I would have liked more concern being shown. We left our breakfast menu on the door before the required time and it was never picked up. Overall it is a lovely place to stay - I will be returning to The Langham for my next visit to Melbourne as it is more my style of hotel, and it is in a better location to Southbank.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Good location near the casino and in the heart of Melbourne, rooms are a decent size and clean but smell like a public swimming pool - no idea why the chlorine smell, but there it is.
Easy to get to, the check in service was poor, with arrogant rude staff. Room service is prompt, but the food is horrible. Claims the food comes from a Gordon Ramsay restaurant, but I suspect if he ever ate there he would have sent the food back and had a lot of swearing to do, I know I almost did. A bland burger with lashings of fat and extra dripping on a sour dough bun made this room service quite disgusting enough to leave you wanting for McDonalds instead.
On the whole this place is average personified nice enough rooms but no personality, terrible food, and bad service. If given the option skip this place and try somewhere nicer

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank K1w1Travel
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I have been traveling to Melbourne weekly for work and have been staying at the grand hyatt, but due to the Aussie open had to find an alternative. Crown metropol had nice big rooms that were very clean. The bed was one of the best hotel beds I have every slept in. Hotel was a bit on the quiet side and a little out of the way, but all in all a good value for money option.

• Stayed: January 2011