“Very happy”

Crown Metropol Melbourne
Ranked #33 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at the metropol over the school holidays with our children and couldn't be happier. The rooms were very clean ( we had interconnecting) .
We had room service once and it was great, although probably a little pricey.
Pool area was fantastic our kids were there everyday, and as there were other families there the kids were able to be kids in the pool and splash around no worrying about who they could be annoying.
Mr hives was also great for breakfast I would highly recommend it.
All in all I would definately stay there again either with my family or on our own.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This place is beautiful, very well done. When I booked this hotel I clicked 'smoking room' thinking it would have a balcony - rookie mistake. The whole floors REEKS of cigarette the minute you get out of the lift let alone in the hotel room itself. People smoke in the rooms it is disgusting. I really regretted that choice! I thought I would do the right thing by my partner who smokes to get him a balcony... yeah never again. Besides that, the bed was comfy, the views were great from the room & it is in a great location with the Crown Casino across the road. If you are looking for a luxurious stay, one of the Crown hotel's are definitely the way to go but beware to spend lots of money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed here over Easter for 2 Nights, I booked a Luxe King Room which had "city views" in fact the room looked onto the rooftop carpark but if you could twist your neck you may see glimpses of the city. We upgraded and paid an extra $65p/p for Level 28 Access which is a complete joke and not worth the money (free drinks between 5-7pm) lucky to get 2 drinks with the slow service in this time, breakfast is also included, which is a small buffet and not worth the $$) The room itself was spacious. I had booked a twin room for 3 adults, yet amenities (towels, robes) were for 2 people. I called to request more amenities which arrived. Again on the second day had to call again (only 2 towels received) surely housekeeping would have a record of how many guests were in the room. On the second morning our card wouldn't work to our room, apparently the system had checked us out, so had to wait 10 minutes for someone to come and let us in with no apology (then wasted another 10 minutes lining up to get the new card in reception)
The carpet in the room was dirty and full of glitter from the prior guests so had not been cleaned. The bathroom is very dark with no light you can barely see to put your makeup on, terrible design. The pillows are huge and hard so did not sleep well at all.
I have stayed here 3 times now and each time has gotten worse. I would highly recommend the Hilton South Wharf or Hyatt for a better stay. The Crowne has gone down hill and wont be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Frequentoztravellers
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have visited Melbourne many times but having never stayed in the casino complex before we decided to give the Crown Metropol a try on the last day of a week long trip on the Great Ocean Road.
We were able to check into our room early which was a bonus but had to wait 25 minutes for our bags to be brought up which was annoying as we could have just carried them up ourselves if they hadn’t already been whisked away.
Our room, a king luxe on level 15 which promised fantastic views of Melbourne on our email confirmation, in actual fact looked out onto the roof of a huge car park which was very disappointing.
The room was a good size, clean and the bed very comfortable however the bathroom design is poor. The bathroom isn’t walled off so it means if your partner visits the loo in the night the light wakes the other person up and whilst the actual toilet does have a door, the lack of wall means there is no sound proofing. Also, there is no bath, just a shower cubical.
The customer service from hotel staff was fine, but had a very transactional feel with no real warmth or authenticity behind it and for a hotel with a price tag of over $500 per night it just didn’t feel like good value for money.
We won’t return – it will be back to the city centre for us again next time.

2  Thank Bertyboy78
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your review.

I would firstly like to offer my apologies in regards to the delay with your luggage. This is not our standard
and rest assured I have shared this with my team.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the bathroom and understand that the design may not be to your liking. Our Lofts (suite style rooms) do have deep-soaking baths, so this maybe another option for you to consider, should you change your mind and choose to stay with us in the future

I would certainly like the opportunity to discuss your stay further and can be reached on 61 3 9292 8888.

Kind regards,

Harley Moraitis

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights, staff are friendly, very clean. My Room king lux on 15 floor was very specious, but a bit run down, the carpet seems old, and stained. A complimentary wifi was very very slow, the better option cost $30 per day. Loved pool and sky bar on 28 floor. Would definitely recommend, as the location is perfect, lots of things near by.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 25, 2014

What a great hotel. Located within the Crown complex, it is only a couple of minutes walk to the Casino, restaurants, and Yarra river. The rooms are accessible directly from the walk way / air bridge that takes you to crown so you do not need by pass reception. We stayed in the King Luxe room, and it was a treat. Very spacious and clean. One of the most clean and modern hotels I have ever stayed in, it basically felt brand new. The bed was amazing, and the bathroom was spacious. Check in and check out was quick though we were staying mid week.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed in a Bay Luxe King for a two night break. The room was stylish and wonderfully spacious. The corner location provided great bay views extending from the Westgate Bridge across Port Melbourne and St Kilda and back around to Albert Park lake. But the beauty of this hotel has always been and remains the wonderful service. From check in, through room service, the spa and Level 28 lounge, all the staff were friendly and helpful. We love Metropole; the rooms have a modern, elegant style and the extra space in the Bay Luxe is great. We took a package that included parking and access to the Level 28 Lounge including breakfast and pre-dinner drinks.