4,316 results
All reviews mr hive luxe room infinity pool casino complex valet parking pre dinner drinks shower and toilet steam room floor to ceiling windows top floor room service buffet breakfast city view modern hotel corner room south bank yarra river
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Really beautiful hotel. We checked in at 1am and the staff greeted us with such warmth and offered lots of tour and restaurant options. Room was very clean. Beds were comfy and bathroom was really lovely. Nice to stay at the Crown because there are so many other hotels within it as well as the casino so there are lots of food outlets and shops. Recommend eating at Margo's, Rockpool and definitely try the bar on level 28. Beautiful views with fireplaces and a very romantic atmosphere. Easy access to the tram which is just across the road. Convenience store is also across the road with a liquor store attached.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here for two nights in a City Luxe twin room with a friend. We had a very comfortable and pleasant stay. Rooms were quiet and you have a nice view on the higher floors.The SMS to notify you that your room is ready is a great idea for those who arrive earlier than 2pm. Love the 12pm checkout!

The bathroom is nice, but the design is a bit strange. There isn't much privacy in the bathroom - the other person can hear everything you're doing. There is even a section missing in the wall so you could look into the bathroom to see what the other person is doing.

As it was school holidays, the pool was pretty busy with families, so we didn't use it.

We enjoyed our stay and the staff were very helpful. The hotel is close to Southbank and also DFO South Wharf, handy if you want to do a bit of shopping. The hotel is also across the road from the Melbourne Convention Centre, perfect if you're attending a conference or event.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank moni_belle
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your review.

It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay with us.

The pool is one of our star attractions, and can become quite busy during school holidays.
Hopefully you get to experience a dip next time.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

When we arrived to check in we were told that our room was available but within 2 mins were told that it was not. We were then told that we could leave our bags and they would be delivered to our room when it was available. We went for a walk received an sms that our room was available (good idea the sms). However, when we got to our room we found no bags, it took three phone calls to get them delivered to us which delayed us from getting to our next appointment. In addition, fancy doing a security drill 8:30am in the morning while people were just returning to their rooms after being at the gym and pool and couldn't utilise the lifts. Response from the staff on 27th floor, "we are not sure what is going on and how long it will be".
Some Staff (female in this case) also didn't know how the bond and holding charge worked and told me that I would only get the $100 bond back even though I paid the total amount on checkout. I was then transferred to the finance dept who correctly informed me of the charges.
Overall, I expected much better from this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Blueboy001

Thank you for your review.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the couple of issues you experienced during your stay.
The delayed delivery of your bags was obviously an oversight on our behalf.
Please be assured this has been raised to the appropriate department for review.

In relation to the fire drill, we hold the safety and security of all our guests and staff in the highest regard.
As you can imagine, the drills are an imperative part of our maintenance program - I apologise there was a slight delay with the lifts.

If you would like to discuss your stay with us further, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

61- 3 9292 8888

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I usually preface my reviews with some comment: with this it is that I usually stay at the Intercontinental and have a high loyalty program status with them (IHG)

I decided I should (for once) try somewhere else, so, the Crown Metropol it was – the review, whilst fairly wordy, has been edited back because my rant went into a war and peace length epic.

Reception was chaos, understaffed and after having at least two groups attended to before me – due to an idiotic two queue system in operation (which may have worked has there been any staff) - on checking I found out (after a walk to the Casino) that more staff were working on The Signature Club" sign up than at the hotel (The Crowns "loyalty" card)

The room was fine, contemporary, clean, large comfy bed and my request for more than one tea bag of English Breakfast Tea attended to promptly.

The L28 Bar was an attraction I thought would make the hotel worth a visit - the lifts were roped off both nights of my stay with no explanation as to why, which was poor management and particularly disappointing.

I ate at Mr. Hive - and the food was excellent - The Salmon being cooked to perfection and the staff helpful and friendly.

My main gripe with this hotel, and probably Crown in general, is that this hotel and the others in the group are simply a means of supporting Crowns gambling operation.

When I asked the reception staff - do you have a hotel loyalty matching program for other hotel groups? I am Platinum or Gold at other hotels, do you match that or have any promotions? Ans: Errr don't know
Do you have a hotel loyalty program? Ans: Yes, Signature Card
Can I sign up then? Ans: You have to go into the Casino to sign up (see where this is going?)
After wandering to the Casino where there was no queue but more staff than at the hotel reception
Do you have a hotel loyalty program? Ans: Errr No, Signature Card -
Isn't that linked to your gambling spend? So you can only achieve high status if you gamble?
Ans: Yes - but all your sales and hotel spend go on it
I don't gamble!! Ans: Duh, errr? Don’t gamble? (Blank looks)

I was sent back and forth between the Hotel, whose management seem incapable of making decisions and Signature Club, which is aimed at gamblers and visitors and are not interested in regular business customers.

It was suggested I could achieve Gold after a year of visiting regularly, guess what? I will go back to the Intercontinental where repeat custom is valued and service IS five stars.

Make no mistake, this is a good hotel but its modus of operation (to me) seems to be as support operation to the Casio (so they can give there high rollers free/discounted accommodation) rather than operating as a standalone quality hotel, which is a shame.

If you are a one off visitor, on holiday or a gambler, this hotel is fine.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.

I appreciate the time you have taken to write your review.
I would be happy to discuss this with you directly when you have a moment.

+61 3 9292 8888

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed for four nights in the hotel, and couldn't fault them for anything. Modern and luxurious, great service and in the perfect location too.
The only things I would change would be to have the room en suite completely closed off as their design was all open plan, with only screens instead of walls.
The second thing they could have thought off would be an adult only pool. They advertise theirs as pure indulging luxury, but when we walked in there were about seven children playing and jumping about. We just didn't use the pool at all which was a little disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for your review.

It was fantastic to read you had an enjoyable stay with us.

The pool can get a little busy, especially around school holiday time.
Hopefully we get to have you back again soon to experience a relaxing swim.