Crown Metropol Melbourne
Westin.com
$160
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$133
$93
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$105
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
$228
$206
Trip.com
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$199
$116
  • Room Service
$261
$156
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$212
$171
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
4,163 results
All reviewsmr hiveluxe roominfinity poolcasino complexvalet parkingpre dinner drinksshower and toiletsteam roomfloor to ceiling windowstop floorroom servicebuffet breakfastmodern hotelcity viewcorner roomsouth bankyarra river
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here because it's close to the convention centre where we were attending a conference. Located in the Melbourne casino complex, it's always busy in the hotel's precinct and the area's nightime energy is certainly high with many of the city's best restaurants next door.
Tripadvisor tips mentioned that we should request an upper floor with a city view so we called the hotel the day before. At checkin we were offered a lower floor and even when we got a room on an upper floor the view was of a carpark! From there on the service standards were approximate and although everyone had a smile for us, attention to detail was certainly missing - the rooms was never made up properly, stationery not replaced, ice buckets not emptied etc.
I'm beginning to resent the 'add ons' from self styled high end accommodation. A late checkout of more than 1 hour carries a service fee and internet access is ++$ per day for an acceptable speed. I expected to be presented with a bill for the air we consumed as we left!
How long has it been that 'smart' hotel fitouts are not user friendly? Too many hotels with lovely large rooms (as they are here) have bathrooms with no bath because they've sacrificed the space for a bath by installing sinks the size of a domestic home's kitchen sink and far too wide benches...and more sliding doors to an open bathroom - give me a break...
This hotel looks good, is value for money, has a wonderful rooftop pool and bar and has large rooms but the 'luxe' appearance of generous space and fittings is hit and miss and not matched by the expeience.
AND if, like us, you are allergic to the casino environment, give it a miss - there's lots of excellent hotel choice in Melbourne.

Room Tip: If you're requesting an upper floor - ask for one that DOES NOT overlook the carpark.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Fabulous hotel, beautifully appointed, service was excellent, location perfect for the Southgate area as well as the convention centre. Rooms are modern and sleek, a nice change to have a TV that doesn't take forever to get through the channels as well. Rooms are a reasonable size, go down to level 1 and you have shops and the convenience of a walkover to the all crown facilities. 5 min easy walk to the convention centre, lovely breakfast with the best Bircher muesli, scrummy. Only negative was that the hot water wasn't that hot so I just ran it with a touch of cold, if you like a really hot shower this wouldn't cut it for you.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2049 which overlooked Southgate but when you look down you can just see the top of an ugly car park. If you look straight out it is a pleasant view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed overnight in one of the ISIKA Luxe room on Level 26 with great views of Melbourne. Check-in was fast and easy. Staff were friendly and very welcoming.

Interiors are very modern and the room spacious, as was the bathroom. Bed and couch was comfy. We had the latest magazines to available to us and I loved the stationary too!

We had breakfast the following day on Level 28 which had amazing views of the city.

Overall, great place to chill out over the weekend and see the world from the top!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I visited Melbourne for a business leadership seminar in December 2012 for which my company had already made arrangements for the stay and I thank god they chose this gem.

The staff is very supportive and helpful.
Whenever i left my room, either for the seminar or for some sightseeing around the city, I always found my room squeaky clean.
I was surprised when an Indian guy(or at least I think he was) dropped me and my luggage to the room. Way to go for diversity. It really helps if you find someone making you feel at home.

Overall- Kudos to the Hotel management.
P.S. A lot of thought was put into this review as I myself belong to the Hospitality industry and couldn't resist to put my views on the same.

Room Tip: Sorry, can't comment as my room was booked by my company.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This has got to be one of the best Hotels in Australia. The staff are just so friendly and make for an excellent stay. Will stay here again in the near future.The Concierge is very friendly and will make shore your stay is memorable. Also you are at the Casino if you wish to gamble. There is also public transport at the door or you can walk to most attractions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple