“Fantastic modern hotel, great facilities and convenient location”

Crown Metropol Melbourne
Ranked #33 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location to the city and rod laver arena. Lovely decor, great facilities. The pool is sensational!!! The lighting in the rooms is a little dark. Service is excellent! Rooms ate comfortable but not too private for twin sharing. Within the crown complex but feels very private!

• Stayed: January 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (4,028)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked 2 nights stay on last minute.com(Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd January 2013) to celebrate my 50th birthday. At checkin the wonderful staff asked if I was on business or holiday and when I told the reason for my visit they sent up a beautiful bottle of champagne to my room. I arrived hours before checkin time expecting to stow my case u til 2 oclock, but my room was ready early, so I went straight in at 11am. The metropol itself is magnificent and because it is within the Crown complex I felt very safe and happy, even at night going to the shops and movies by myself. During the day I was able to talk short walk to South Wharf DFO and catch the trams into the CBD shops. The metropol pool is absolutely beautiful,clean and safe. Each and every staff member of the Metropol were friendly and helpful. Checkin, Spa pool, Housekeeping and cleaners. I absolutely recommend Metropol for value and quality. For me it was like stepping onto a movie set:)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank S W
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Central location, speedy check in and easy to get around Melbourne. Great modern rooms. Gracious and very obliging and friendly staff. Comfy bed and the pillows - perfect! Could not ask for more -very pleasant stay and highly recommend.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We loved this hotel especially for the rooms which were fitted out and decorated beautifully. All the nice little extras were provided. Found the rooms to be very relaxing and felt like I was being treated. The location of the pool was amazing. Staff were nice but not overly forthcoming with important information. Breakfast was of extremely high quality and service excellent.

Room Tip: Select a room with a guaranteed view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with my family. The room was adequate, as we were mostly out. Kids had room service for breakfast & dinner on one of the days. Food was very nice. Also ate buffet breakfast one morning at Mr Hive. The pool is not great, as it is enclosed. The ladies assisting at the spa could be a little more friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
HarleyMoraitis, General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

We appreciate your positive comments about our in-room dining & restaurant.

With respect to the pool, it is located on the 27th floor of the Hotel and is surrounded by floor to ceiling glass looking over the city. We normally receive such fantastic feedback about the facility so it was disappointing to hear that it was not to your liking.

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies about the Spa team not being as friendly and welcoming as we would expect. I would be happy to discuss this further with you to ensure we can follow this through with the team. I welcome you to contact me on +61 3 9292 8888.

Kind regards,

Harley Moraitis
Crown Metropol

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fabulous large rooms, excellent bathroom and all amenities, current magazines in room, lovely teas. Very new and modern. Large flat screen TV on the wall.
Proximity to Southbank and all Crown has to offer fabulous. Trams a short walk out front.

The pool is amazing and temp not set too hot, refreshing still on a warm summers day.

Love it, will be back. Already planning two trips back this year.

Room Tip: if you can book 60 days ahead, fabulous value.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here in January, the rooms are terrific, the attention to detail is perfect and the value for money is excellent. One of the most confortable beds I have experienced in a Melbourne hotel. The staff were super friendly, nothing was a problem. The location of the Metropole makes it stand out value in Melbourne. Highly recommended. Beware of the valet parking cost, hopefully my car enjoyed it's expensive sleep as much as I enjoyed mine !!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple