4,294 results
All reviewsmr hiveluxe roominfinity poolcasino complexvalet parkingpre dinner drinksshower and toiletsteam roomfloor to ceiling windowstop floorroom servicebuffet breakfastcity viewmodern hotelcorner roomsouth bankyarra river
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Decided to stay last minute in the city. Called around and the Crown Metropol delivered the goods. Beautiful rooms with great bay and city views.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Love this hotel beautiful rooms and Soooo clean! Towels are the only thing to let them down they are not soft and fluffy they are thin and hard the isika spa is to die for amazing a must for a couple. Over the racing Carnival we had a blast. Cost is a bit out there but it's worth the luxury. Just stay for 2 nights you will be glad!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We found a great deal for the Metropol, not long after it opened, and was dying to try the new menu at Gordon Ramsay's Maze restaurant.

The rooms were spacious, very clean, and the most comfortable bed EVER.
We never wanted to leave.

We ordered a light dinner from room service, from Maze, and it was delicious.
We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I would rate this as the best Hotel I have stayed at in Melbourne. There may be more luxurious ones but I will never know as I will return. The reception staff and the standard of the accommodation were first rate. I was a late check in (around 11.00pm) and rang for directions, the female staff was great at the directions. The male that checked me in was just as helpful - even organised extra milk. You two made a great first impression for the Hotel.

The concierge/valet parking were the only downside when I was checking out. I was carrying a 3 year old and two bags, went to the concierge with my valet parking ticket and was redirected to the valet spot outside. The same person (ie the concierge) left his area, walked in front of me (not to open the door or offer to carry a bag) arrived at the valet counter asked for my ticket. Perhaps one concierge or valet person that forgets who pays his wage (us the people that stay in the Hotel).

If you are normally a 4 star Hotel type, spend a bit extra. It is well worth it.

Room Tip: Go for an upgrade on to a R60 Studio ...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2011

It really is a lovely place to stay. I make the effort to stay at the hotel whenever I am in town on business. I find the facilities to be A1 as far as the pool goes and the spa areas. Its convinient right across from the Casino which you can access indoors via footbridge. My only tiny comments would be:

1. The chairs in the hotel rooms are made of wood with no padding, when you are away on business and need to spend some time on the laptop after hours, the chair becomes incredibly uncomfortable after a while - it does look good though!

2. Check in/Check out was a little bit slow, they never seem to have enough staff on at peak times.

3. Day spa Isika treatments have been a little hit and miss, on two occasions I have booked massages and walked away feeling relaxed but not uber relaxed. I much prefer the day spa at the Langham Hotel in Melbourne.

Great hotel though, very chic and sophisticated. A great place to stay when in the beautiful city of Melbourne!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business