I have just stayed at this fine Hotel and have stayed there at least ten previous times. Each time there is just a little tiny thing holding back a 5 star experience.
Rooms are well designed and modern - exactly what you would expect from a brand new hotel.
Facilities are first rate, from the pool (you must check it out even if you dont use it) to the health spa and drinks bar. Hotel generally is a quiet place - but depending on what is on at the time can get rowdy with some groups, once inside your room though it is very quiet. Regardless of the side of the hotel you end up in your view is generally pretty good - you cant beat the city view though.
Very good hotel though and would definately reconmend.......now for my very picky negatives - I mention these only as they take the gloss of a 5 star experience so keep it in perspective and dont let it take away from you trying it out.
1. Pulled up out the front for check in - was pretty quiet out the front and the 'bell hops' or vallets what ever you want to call them were chatting amongst themselves. I unloaded 3 suitcases and proceeded to the check in counter. Checked and then had to go back out interupt their chit chat and ask them to park the car....not a $40 vallet parking experience worth 5 star.
2. Booked a non smoking room prior to arrival. Then was asked what sort of room would I like and they would try and find me a non smoking room....it was like I had not indicated my preference. With all the carry on going on at the moment can you believe hotels still have smoking rooms??
3. Requested papers in the morning. Open door - none delivered to room. Another great reason for staying with kids - challenged one of them to run down the passage to grab one from another room :)...........sorry room 1569!!
4. Pillows in room of which there were 8 - everyone were the same! No variety as all were massive.
5.4 people in our room but there were only towels for 3 people.....you dont check this as soon as you walk in the door and as per usual you find out at the last minute.
6.Maze bar. $10 for a beer and $16 for a glass of bubbles......all good and well but the service is terrible. What are the high dollars for - service??
Thats it!! Very picky - if these were covered 5star all the way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience contemporary luxury in its purest form at Melbourne's Crown Metropol hotel.Your senses will be heightened with the many special touches that make every stay both relaxing and memorable. From the moment you take in the hotel's elegant form and enter the uniquely designed reception area, you will feel a sense of peace and calm that makes every visit to Crown Metropol a welcome escape from day-to-day life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Metropol Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Metropol Hotel Melbourne