“Fantastic - Stayed at The Loft!”

Crown Metropol Melbourne
Ranked #32 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My boyfriend and I recently stayed one night at The Loft suite at Crown's newest hotel, and we were both very impressed. The loft is a corner suite with a spacious living area, seperate bedroom and an amazing bathroom (technically has two bathrooms but the main bathroom is fantastic!!). They have three TV's (living area, bedroom, bathroom) and I was just super impressed. The bath was HUGE and extremely luxurious, with a massive seperate shower area. Perfect for a relaxing couple's weekend away, but the living area is just begging to be used for pre-drinks (no parties allowed lol). The only fault I would say was there were a few visible stains on the couches, which were quite light in colour. I would reccomend they change their couches to a darker shade.

We tried the room service, which is all from Gordon Ramsey's MAZE restaurant. Since we are both vegetarians, there was hardly anything for us to eat. We ordered the risotto and the pasta, and both were average. Not a fan of MAZE.

However, I AM A FAN of the Spa - Isika! We chose a one-hour massage in the couples room (am extra $50 per person - totally worth it!). The room is massive, with a huge free-standing bathtub, seperate bathroom with a steam room, two comfy couches and of course, the massage tables. The set up was awesome, I really loved it! We used the room about 40 minutes prior to the massage - was so relaxing. The massage itself was also one of the best I've had, and I will definately be back!

The service at the front desk was also wonderful!

Overall, I loved it!

Room Tip: Go get some bath balls from LUSH for the bath - you must utilize this bath!!
3  Thank TotemGirl

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Likes: Great location within the casino complex, contemporary decor and furnishings, very comfortable bed, high quality soaps, shampoos etc, awesome pool overlooking the city

Dislikes: Hard to find reception when you first turn up. Otherwise everything else was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Nice place to stay, new clean and comfatable. Close to many things, public transport, convention centre and of course Southbank.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2011

a very chic looking room with a nice bed and bathroom, modern decor, ipod dock which was handy and good size flat screen TV. The hotel is in a great location just a short stroll to the main Crown complex. The only thing I didn't like was the colour of the carpet and on check-out, someone had charged their breakfast to our room but otherwise a lovely experience, would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed August 17, 2011

the hotel is modern and very well equipped
in a good position in mlebourne, close to all you need and on good transport links

they were very busy at check in time 4.30 Friday had to wait around 20 minutes to check in
breakfast saturday was a disaster, paid for level 28 access, tables not cleared, no butter on the table, has to find a waiter to ask for butter, to be told it's on the table, which is wasnt!! not offered tea or coffee at all, had to track down another waiter to ask for a tea and one black coffee, after 15 minutes asked another person, to follow it up. after asking a third person, two tea's arrived, it had now been half an hour . the tea pot was so full when i pushed the plunger down, boiling tea spewed all over the table............... not good. i think they were having a bad day, but it did not give a good start to our day either and we paid 315.00 for the night.

1  Thank Berna68
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have stayed at Crown Towers before (in 08) and it was excellent ... and Metropol was equally strong.

Hotel is nice, design is fantastic, location central. Rooms are big, bed is comfortable, good pillow selection, large bathroom, strong shower, plenty of room, fast internet, good breakfast, excellent gym, amazing pool and helpful staff. When traveling for business these are the mandatories and they nailed them all ($38 breakfast buffet was a little rich however ...)

It was effortless which is what you want in a business hotel. Loved my stay, will keep this as my regular as it is very close to the Westin and Park Hyatt in being the elite in Melbourne CBD accomm.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I recently booked a room at Metropol as part of a suprise birthday for my partner. When booking I mentioned this to the staff member and we had a lovely bottle of complementry bubbles and chocolate waiting in our room which was much appreciated. Unfortunately I had especially requested a room at least above the 15th floor and the booking agent told me she had requested a room with a city view which was exactly what I was looking for - however arrived to a room on the 12th floor overlooking the carpark :-( VERY DISAPPOINTING as it didnt give me the wow factor of a view I was looking for.
Room was spacious and bed was extremely comfortable. Ipod dock was also great as we forgot to pack an iphone charger. Bathroom was spacious but thought the clear glass door on the shower and toilet was a bit crass. Offered very little privacy. Ok for us but we both acknowledged that it definately would not be for everyone.
Location was great. Confused by previous comments about Casino being a distance, if it was any closer it would be in the closet! Loved the airwalk so you don;t have to venture outside in the freezing cold to get anywhere inside the complex. Room was lovely and quiet though despite being so close.
Bath robes and bathroom additions were definately up to standard. Thank you for the mini toothbrush and paste as I forgot to pack mine!
Blinds were also great for those needing a sleep in after a big night at the Casino - kept the room in total darkness.
Overall a great stay, mostly just disappointed with th room level and view - if I had of known I would have booked elsewhere.

2  Thank TaraPaul