“Fabulous and relaxing!”

Ranked #26 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Mordialloc, Australia
“Fabulous and relaxing!”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed in a loft room with views of the bay and city, the loft room is amazing with gorgeous, big bath and great features such as lots of cupboards, two toilets and motorised blinds! The room was serviced twice a day and was impeccably clean. It was like sleeping in a cocoon! Very quite and private as the loft rooms are located on the city facing corners of the building.

The isika spa was amazing and we had a massage in our own private spa suite (well with the expense!)

As we were escaping renovations the simple and modern interiors were perfect!

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Really impressed by our 3 night stay at Crown Metropol 22-25 April.
Stayed in spacious and modern room 2541 - I was so impressed with the cleanliness and functionality of the excellently designed room. Bed was fantastically comfortable, great views from room, great quality amenities - wish this were my own apartment really!
You can have modern designer hotels which are sterile and unfunctional, but this room really works. Beautiful decor and excellent room service.
Handily linked to the rest of the Crown complex, so no need to venture outside until you almost reach St Kilda road/Southbank. Even though its not CBD located, its not far enough away to worry about as a short walk or taxi ride takes you there.
Truly will stay here on next trip to Melbourne.

1 Thank GaryinSydney
Australia
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed in a Lux King room at Crown Metropol Melbourne for a week in January. It was a business trip and I made a last minute booking direct with the hotel, the valet parking was included by the telephone operator at no prompting by myself. The room was excellent to say the least. I loved the view of the city, complementary fresh peaches and nectarines in my room every day and the mints left in my car by the valet. The attention to detail was fantastic. I booked a facial after a hard day at work at Isika day spa...it was sublime and seriously one of the best spa experiences I have had to date. The gym on the same floor is very well equipped and the infinity pool and spa is divine.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
australia
Reviewed April 24, 2011

My sister treated me to a night in a Loft Room at Metropol for my 40th birthday. During our night there we we constantly raving about how brilliant the hotel was. One thing that stands out is how new and modern this hotel was. The art work throughout was exceptional.
It was very busy when we arrived but check in was relatively quick. Given the negative reviews of Maze, particularly for breakfast, we opted to buy the 'access' to Level 28 (cost will almost cover breakfast in Maze. Although we thought it was worth it, given the cost of some of the rooms, they should provide free access to the lounge.)
The Loft Room was awesome. Absolutely loads of storage and a very large and functional living area. Bathroom was lovely. Many reviewers comment on the doors of the loo/bathroom but if you are travelling with someone close to you, it shouldn't bother you. It didn't bother us.
Hotel provided a nice bottle of sparkles for my birthday. Nice touch.
Room has a decent docking station. I could'nt get it to work so I called guest services. Lovely guy turned up and got it all sorted.
The pool area is gorgeous with great views. When we were there, there were heaps of couples and families. And it was suitable for both types of groups.
My sister and I had a few drinks at the Level 28 lounge. The staff are brilliant and were very generous with the drinks!!!
We had planned to go out further in the city but due to the rain we decided to stick to the casino complex. Fantastic choice of restaurants, bars and entertainment.
Breakfast is very good. Reasonable choice (buffet).
With access to the Lounge, you get a quick check out. We checked out in under 2 mins. I was even happier with that when I wakled passed the main reception area. It was packed!!!!!
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to have a great time out on the town!!! My sister and I had a ball.

Room Tip: If you can, stay in a Loft Room.
1 Thank tripleaaa09
Frankston, Australia
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stayed at Metropol on Saturday with my partner, i had a special rate through work $220 so I though at the time it was a very good deal. On checking in on the 16th they took $324.80 which included $100 a night deposit & the room cost (they didnt inform me of this deposit) then on the 17th when i checked out they processed an additional $249.92. All i have is a receipt for $249.92. They took $574.72. My bank says they are holding it until the 25th. 9 days. hmmm. Imagine the interest on this for every hotel guest overcharged + $100 per night deposit sitting in their coffers for a week.....
As for the hotel, pleasant staff, lovely pool but missing some of those extras i am used to in 5 star. No turn down service, no fresh towels & when we rang down the following morning to get clean ones and another soap/ shampoo / conditioner they didnt turn up.
The 28 club was nice, however the food in the evening was bread & dip or bread & dip. The Hilton offer a wonderful array of antipasto and walk around with hot canapes. Made you feel a bit more special for the additional $110.

Room Tip: I am not sure
2 Thank Sarz74
Melbourne
Reviewed April 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed for one night in a Luxe room for our anniversary. While we both loved the room and thought the hotel was quite nice our perception was soon changed when we went to bed. For some reason in this brand new hotel alot of noise travels through the hallways and subsequently into the rooms. We couldn't hear any noise coming in from our neighbours rooms, just the hallway. Which meant that as all the party goers came back to their rooms throughout the night/morning we were woken up constantly by their noise. Even my husband who is quite a sound sleeper was woken a couple time making us feel like we were sleeping in a backpackers hostel rather than a 5-star hotel. While I understand the hotel can't control the noise level of their guests, they can potentially control how much sound enters the rooms. We've since decided in the future to avoid staying at a Crown hotel on a weekend nights to avoid the loud guests. All in all a beautiful hotel but probably not suitable for light sleepers.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I'm writing the review in the hotel room. We are staying in this hotel (luxe King) from 10 - 16 April. And I guess the only selling point for this hotel is the location, (especially those whom loved to visit the casino)

Checking in was slow, only 2 front desk persons at 10am and queue about 4 guests in the row, however I would loved to thank the loving service by the concierge team, they were always helpful and happy to assist you and getting my car.

Maybe is just the "aussie" way of customer service, I personally find it too casual specially this is a 5-star hotel right?? Honestly, it is too casual to be a 5-star hotel and not for long staying for 3 nights and above. Trust me, the breakfast will kill you... Honestly I felt like vomiting after the third day as I'm seeing the same item again and again everyday!!!

Now back to the room, we are paying a decent price of AU$300+ per night, and yet no internet is provided? And it cost AU$25 per device for wireless??? I mean I don't mind paying it, but come on, PER DEVICE??? So I have a laptop, iphone, and ipad. And it will cost me AU$75 per day!!! This is crazy!!!

No bottle water provided in room as well, the design of room is badly done too!!! Seriouly, I will not return to this hotel next time I'm in Melb, I would rather stay in Westin or Hyatt...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business