“Place to taste some Malaysian food if you graving for one! Just avoid the spicy dishes.”

Madam Kay's Platz Cafe
Ranked #2,443 of 4,151 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: At Madam Kay's platz we serves Malaysian Cuisine and Breakfast + Beautiful coffee.
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Living in Melbourne for years we are longing for some Malaysian food. We been few times at Madam Kay. Well, overall, if you graving for some decent Malaysian food, Madam Kay is not too bad. I think the food is too spicy, so if you see anything that have chilies or sound spicy, forget about it, unless you a chillies lover. Not me, so I ordered Nasi Ayam - Chicken Rice, Laksa Penang, which both of them are mild dishes, but Laksa Penang can get a bit spicy form time to time.
Chicken Curry, and Nasi Lemak( Coconut rice) Sambal and Prawn Sambal with Petai is too spicy that I cannot continue eating after two spoons. The service is not too bad, sometime it can be a bit slow, but it all depends on the workers and the time. The food is halal, so for Muslim friend, here is a place to try Halal Malaysian dishes. Just try to avoid the spicy stuff and you will be fine.
The dishes are generously served and the environment is cozy. Nice meeting place and the price is reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Madam Kay's Platz Cafe

Reviewed January 5, 2010

Never eat at the cafe downstairs. I waited for 40 mins for my breakfast in Madam Kay's Platz Cafe, and the spinach was so salty that I have to spit it out!! The waiter saw it and was kind enough to bring me some water, but the kitchen totally ignored my complaint!!

My parents and their friends had a short stay in Mayflower. The location is good, but there are so many other proper hotels in Melbourne city with better rooms and facilities and deals (internet rate).