“Good food, good wine”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: You might have seen us down Flinders Lane, in the historic Swiss House building. It's the red brick building on the corner of Duckboard Place (ACDC Lane). You can walk or tram to a number of theatres, concert and sporting venues from our front door, which means we're actually the perfect stop for drinks and a bite to eat before or after the show/concert/match. Plus, we take bookings which can be hard to find in our neck of the woods. This is our story... Pizza, pasta and mozzarella are our thing. We love having guests over to visit. You can come in off the street or give us a shout beforehand to book a spot. We're very accommodating, and not to blow our own horn, have a certain something something. Oh, and we have one of the most handsome Italian's in Melbourne as our pizza chef. Fact.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a girls dinner for 15 here on a Friday night. The place is warm and cosy and is both a bar and restaurant. The food all came out at once and the service was pretty good. The place was packed and I can understand why - everyone's meal was great and the wine (we had a Spanish tempranillo) was just as good. I had the potato pizza which was the best potato pizza I have ever had outside of Italy. The lamb back straps were delicious too! Would recommend for both couples and groups. Reasonably priced too.

There are newer reviews for Terra Rossa Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Wonderful location and great waitstaff but their selection for breakfast is very limited. My daughter wanted grilled cheese on toast but they could not do this as they did not have enough cheese as they needed it for lunchtime which I found very odd. The coffee was very good.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went to this restaurant for a casual lunch with a friend and enjoyed the experience. It's a pleasant dining room with space between the tables and quirky artwork on the exposed brick walls including a conundrum for diners to solve (I won't tell you the answer but the waiters will if you get stuck). My pizza with prawns and chorizo was cooked on a thin base (the way I like it) and was served on a timber platter. Generous size and tasty too. My friend had the salmon with potatoes and green vegetables - it looked terrific and she was happy with the dish. The waiters were friendly and attentive and the service was efficient.

1  Thank HelenMaree
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Beautiful restaurant with food to match. Felt like I was in Italy, love the open fire. It was cold the day we were there and the atmosphere was so inviting.

1  Thank JulieM59
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had breakfast today. It was ok, nothing pecial and with places like Cumulus Inc just up the road it is outmatched. I had a big breakfast. The sausage was ok, the bacon well cooked, the homemade baked beans were pretty poor. Flavour was over powered by raw spice, the sauce was dry and gluggy and the beans were far too firm and chewy. The poached eggs were perfect but wree perhed atop a burnt around the edges piece of sourdough (i mean burnt too, carbonised char that you could have wriiten on the foootpath with).

Service was friendly and efficient and the coffee was ok, nothing special, especially in Melbourne.

I would eat here again if fate delt me that hand but I wouldnt seek it out.