Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$117
travelup.com$113
Hotels.com$117
Agoda.com$117
Travelocity$117
Priceline$117
5,744 results
All reviews southern cross station great location travel lodge room was clean room service public transport great place to stay easy access would stay again within walking distance good size short stay car parking collins street free tram business trip pleasant stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2019

Always friendly service a the check in counter, great value for money quality accommodation in good location with lots of shops (Coles & Woolworths, plus small continence stores), food (pubs, fast food/takeaways and restaurants) and entertainment (DFO shopping, Marvel stadium, Docklands precinct) available, plus skybus buses and trains all within a 1km radius.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rob U, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

Dear adelaidevisitor958,

Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased you choose to stay with us and return regularly, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed May 6, 2019

The staff were very helpful and frienldy, and the room was clean and comfortable. Was close to exactly where I needed to be for work as well, and also just a short stroll to the center of town. I will stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Roving54744313874,

Thank your for the review. So pleased our location suited all your needs and the friendly team looked after you so well. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

Stayed on 11th Floor in a standard room. 4 nights.

We arrived at around 10pm and were checked in fairly quickly. I noticed two signs on arrival - one on the back wall which read "Free water available at this hotel" or something similar and another piece of paper on the reception counter which said that due to the next day being a public holiday, rooms would only be given the minimal clean unless otherwise requested.
The receptionist mentioned to me that if we booked breakfast before 12am, we would get the discounted price of $16.50 or if we booked after that or on the morning it would be $19.50. We went up to our room unpacked and got into bed. My husband then decided that we would need some water for bed. We looked around but there was no bottled water. He remembered the sign in reception and called down and asked if we could get some water. They said, yes but you will need to come down to reception. We were both in bed in our pj's by this time. The receptionist said, it's just tap water anyway so you can just get some water from your bathroom..... YUCK!...... forget it.
Tap water is ok, but from the bathroom? No thanks...
Then we thought about breakfast, given it was a public holiday the next day, we thought everything might be closed (cafe wise - and it was) so we called down to reception to book us in for the buffet breakfast. The receptionist said "sorry sir, but you have to come down to reception if you want to book breakfast". Again, we were in our pj's. Really?? What on earth do we need to come down for? Just put it on the account!!! Forget it....

On our third night there my husband had gastro and made a mess of our toilet when vomiting. Mortified I called reception to see what they could do to help me as I wanted to use the bathroom and it needed a bit of a clean.
The receptionist did not know what I was asking for. I said that my husband had been sick and could they send some cleaning products. She said "ok I will send the house man". Whatever that is.
I waited and waited, got into my pj's and sat waiting on my bed. Nothing.
My husband called down to reception to follow up and the receptionist said "there is noone coming to clean your room!" He said, ok, but could you just send some cleaning products and my wife will do it? She said No, we're not allowed to provide chemicals. There is no housekeeping until the morning, you will just have to wait.
Furious I called back and said well what am I supposed to do? I need to use the toilet/bathroom! It's not my fault that there is nobody here to clean. I asked if there was a bathroom somewhere in the hotel that I could use and was told yes, on Level 3 (from memory). She then offered for us to change rooms, but my husband was dying in bed, I was in my pj's and it was late - it was just too hard.
In the end I went to woolworths first thing the next morning and bought a packet of anti-bacterial wipes and cleaned the entire bathroom and room. Then we had housekeeping come and do a clean as well.

One morning my husband had to do some work so we stayed in our room until about 11:30am. Housekeeping repeatedly knocked on our door even though I yelled out that we were still there. In the end I went to the door and said "we will still be about another 20 mins". The lady looked quite annoyed. Nobody ever came back to clean our room so we had a bin full of rubbish and dirty towels on the floor in the bathroom. I didn't feel that this was very good service.

The pillows are TERRIBLE. They're full of air and as soon as you lay on them, they collapse. Probably the worst pillows I have ever slept on. Had very sleepless nights.

The room was quite nice, clean etc. Bed was comfy enough.

There is a carpark available right next door which is convenient.

Marvel stadium is right next door which was fantastic.

Decent location - train station close, easy for Taxi/Uber, walk to DFO (Direct Factory Outlet).

The price is very competitive, so you pay budget you get budget. If you don't mind having no frills and basically having to serve yourself for everything this hotel will do just fine. If you're expecting the standard hotel service, you might want to give it a miss.

Perfect for short stays and going to Marvel Stadium.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kazzam28
Rob U, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Dear kazzam28,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience, we really appreciate the details and hope to have the chance to welcome you backs so you experience the proper Travelodge service.

Reviewed May 5, 2019

Located in a quite area next to southern cross station. Easy assess and within walking distance to crown casino and docklands. great parking and pickup and drop off. Simple nice, clean and resonable prices for room service and mini bar.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Nomad56388697477,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. So pleased you enjoyed your stay and our great location, we hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2019

It was a awesome hotel to stay at and close to Melbourne city and the sports grounds and close to the wheel and st Kilda and the horse racing and the theatres and there you can use the free trams in the city circle

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Chris R,

Thanks so much for the awesome review! We're so glad you enjoyed the hotel and all that's near by it! We hope to see you both again soon.