“Travelodge Dockland, Melbourne” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
UK
“Travelodge Dockland, Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my 10 night stay here. The hotel was within easy walking distance of the convention centre and the city centre. Also conveniently close to rail and public transport systems. The room was a good size (for solo traveller) and kept very clean with daily housekeeping. Towels were changed daily (without asking). The bed was very comfortable. The staff were excellent - friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. I have no concerns at all about this hotel - it was a significant contributor to my enjoyment of the trip. I would have no hesitation returning their and am happy to recommend to family and friends/

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Val794
JamesColeman, General Manager at Travelodge Melbourne, Docklands, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you return to Travelodge Docklands before too long.

James Coleman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

It is pretty much a basic hotel, not 4-star standard in my opinion. Staff are friendly, although some information required about the washer and dryer were not correctly provided. However, they practised good courtesy and probably that would be my compliment to the hotel. Housekeeping was ok but towels were always short for a twin bed room. I'm quite sure they keep a log of hotel guests so there shouldn't be any excuse for not providing sufficient towels in the bedroom for two pax. Shower handle was a problem for us in the tiny room we stayed. Location wise, it ain't the most convenient if you want to go to city central although there were free tram ride that operate to a certain time of the day. I won't complain about having to walk a little but I am more wary when it gets dark as my daughter and I have witnessed broken glasses scattered all over the traffic junction leading back to the hotel in the evening time over the weekend. There are cafes and pubs just about 50m from the hotel. I would take caution for personal safety. Whether it is value for money, I would give it a score of 60 out of 100. One of the positive things is that the hotel is located in a pretty new area where construction works are still ongoing, hopefully will be a better experience should we choose to go back. Saw a gentleman going in and out of the office looking pretty stern, very different disposition from the front desk staff. That's a put off in some way. But whatever position that person held, it is good to put on a smile. A smile speaks a thousand words.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Regular_Traveller_11
JamesColeman, General Manager at Travelodge Melbourne, Docklands, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at Travelodge Docklands. We are pleased that you found the team friendly and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hobart, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Oh my gosh this hotel was a nightmare to find after dark and I wandered around for ages. If you come from the airport bus you emerge onto Spencer Street but you need to go back into the terminal and come out at Worundjrei Street with the stadium in front of you.
Once found this hotel is actually very conveniently placed and I was able to walk everywhere although there are good nearby trams as well.
I thought the room was small but it was very clean and the bathroom was modern. I found the hotel to be busy and quite impersonal but I would stay there again, especially now that I know where it is!!!
There isn't much within easy walking distance but I had dinner at the Nixen, a nearby pub, which was fine. There is also a very lively pub (Platform 64???) which was packed as well as the more traditional Bob's Steak House. All three allow you to charge your hotel account for your meal.
I think clearer directions would be good on the hotel website.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ozzygal5
JamesColeman, General Manager at Travelodge Melbourne, Docklands, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Docklands. Thanks for your feedback also on our directions - we will revisit this to try and clarify our position if necessary.

We do hope you return to the hotel in the near future so the team can welcome you back.

Noumea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Good location: very close to a major train station with a terminal for airport buses. Very convenient. Close to Convention center, to Etihad Stadium, and to the City Center + Southbank.

Basic good hotel. You pay for the convenience, but one day they forgot to clean my room and just offered me the breakfast the following morning to "compensate". Breakfast is basic: only caned fruits nothing fresh! Very nice staff nevertheless.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
JamesColeman, General Manager at Travelodge Melbourne, Docklands, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologise for our housekeeping department missing your room but I am pleased that you found our team friendly.

We hope you come back in the near future.

Essex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stopped here for 4 nights last weekend whilst visiting the city for the first time and to be honest cannot really fault our stay.

We stayed on the 10th floor and had a corner room, which had good views over Southern Cross Station and the city. Our room was large, spacious and very clean. It had everything we needed for our stay including a microwave, large tv and guest laundry in the lobby.

It formed a great base for exploring the city as all the 'free' tourist buses and trams stopped only 5 mins walk away. The Outlet shops at Spencer Street, and Harbour town are also only a short stroll away.

We would not hesitate to recommend to others and would use again in future based on this experience. It is great value for money in comparison to other nearby city accomodation. For the decent price you can't really go wrong with this travelodge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to share your comments. I will share this feedback with the team!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed here for one night after an event in Docklands. It was well located, and close for us to return to the hotel. The hotel is reasonably new, rooms are spacious enough and comfortable. It would be perfect if you had an event in Docklands, or were looking for somewhere to stay after an event at Etihad Stadium.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
JamesColeman, General Manager at Travelodge Melbourne, Docklands, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Thanks for your positive review. We would agree that you cannot find a more handy position if you have something to go to at Etihad Stadium!

We hope you return soon.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The location of this hotels great for short stays- I stayed overnight on my way overseas, so that I was close to the skybus terminal. One downside though is that the hotel is really hard to find! I walk one way before realising I should have cut through the terminal. You then have to locate the lift to get down to the bottom floor and cut down a lane.
Room was clean and well equipped, staff we helpful. Definitely a good base to stay at, and the price is great.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank poptartlr
Thank you for your positive comments. We are delighted you found our team friendly - they do take pride in their guest service. We are pleased you also liked the location. We think this is a great spot to be.

We hope you return soon.