Art Series - The Blackman
$230
$182
Westin.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$185
$228
$206
Trip.com
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$133
$93
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$213
$116
  • Room Service
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$105
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
$261
$156
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$212
$171
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
2,392 results
All reviewsst kildafrench cafedeluxe studio suitealbert parkdepot de painrestaurants downstairssmart cartram stopsmall kitchenettebotanical gardensloved this hotelchapel streetthe ground floormini barspa bathcomfortable bedmodern hotel
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Having recently spent five weeks in Europe staying in hotels and BnBs, we spent a night at The Blackman back home in Australia. Our son was swimming at Victorian State Champs, and we thought it would be nice to not have to travel home each day to Ballarat, but debated whether the cost would be worth it! So glad we did decided to stay overnight, and that we chose to stay at the Blackman Hotel! It exceeded standards of anywhere we stayed OS. The service excellent. We loved the room, bc it was not just the norm as far as hotel rooms are concerned - extra effort is put in - from the beautiful books in our room - the type of mini bar refreshements offered - the amazing artwork on the walls. The room was decorated beautifully. Gorgeous balcony. Quiet location. Upmarket cafes connected to hotel. Short tram ride to CBD. Fantastic beds. So very impressed...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 01192014a
Kimmy W, Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Wow! Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback. We love celebrating Charles Blackman’s artwork with our guests so I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed his books and pieces throughout the hotel. We do our best to provide a unique and memorable experience for our guests so we’re absolutely thrilled to hear that we’re one of your “favorite hotels in the world”!

Thank you again for all of your kind words and we look forward to seeing you at The Blackman again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Super impressed this hotel is amazing. The staff were great, the Italian restaurant downstairs amazing. But WOW those rooms! If anyone is after inspiration for their apartment décor they need to check this place out, every detail has been obviously carefully considered and executed to the upmost levels of perfection. From the bench tops to the toiletries. Worth staying outside of the city to experience this hotel. The room has everything you could possibly need for a short or long stay with full kitchenette and a small lounge area to relax in. I don't think I've ever had a more comfortable nights sleep either. there is a tram stop some 50m away which will have you transported to the city in minutes passing the gardens and casino. This will not be the last time I stay at the Blackman. Absolute perfection.

Room Tip: I am sure any room would be amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Ches,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback! We are continuously striving for excellence, so I’m very pleased to hear that you had a flawless stay with us. I’m thrilled to read that you enjoyed our quirky and modern décor and found our rooms to fit your needs. Thank you for your mention of our staff, restaurant, and beds as well as your encouraging room tip. We just love to hear such positive feedback and have shared your comments with all departments.

We sincerely appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Blackman soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed (as couple) in the Blackman Series for a weekend and found it was perfect and reasonably priced. Great location, well appointed room with great views over Albert Park Lake. We are frequent visitors to Melbourne CBD from the Country and often stay at high end Hotels. I rate the Blackman high on my list of places to stay in Melbourne. Great little bar downstairs where you can dine also. We will definitely go back to stay and highly recommend others to give it a crack. Be very mindful of the entry to the parking underneath though. First time bit confusing.

Room Tip: Ask for South West Corner Room high level which will give great view over Albert Park Lake.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to recommend The Blackman. I’m delighted to hear that our property is one of your favourites in Melbourne and that you’ve enjoyed our restaurant, rooms, and views! Our guest feedback means the world to us and we’ve shared your response with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I often stay in Melbourne for business trips and this time at a, for me, new hotel The Blackman. It is definitely not the last time I stay there! My room was a suite and very nicely laid out, lots of space, terrace, kitchen, even with dishwasher and a the best "mini-bar" I have ever seen. It was not "mini" at all - the large fridge was full of all sorts of nice drinks and a large bowl at the kitchen table made sure I wasn't hungry either.
Reception service was super, they even unplugged one of the Apple devises for me to use the charger, as I had forgotten my own. Had a room service pizza - it was great! I will certainly stay again next time - the hotel is even walking distance to the city centre.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors for the best view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Kimmy W, Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Lene,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at The Blackman with your fellow travellers. I’m so happy to hear that our suites fit your needs and that you enjoyed our minibar! We aim to give our guests exceptional customer service, so I’m also quite pleased to read that you found our staff to be “super”! I’ve shared your positive comments with all departments and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Blackman soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Fantastic location lovely room nice views. Very impressive. Check-in was easy, the Scottish girl who welcomed us was very friendly and professional. Brilliant location for walks along the water, St Kilda Beach and the cafe strip in St Kilda and crown casino complex. Ease of travel between scenic sites was so easy. The artworks are a really lovely touch 10/10 thanks. Going back in October.

Room Tip: Higher floors better views and less noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and room tip. We just love sharing Charles Blackman’s work with our guests and I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed his pieces throughout the hotel. Thank you for your mention of our location and staff and we look forward to your return visit in October.