“Simply wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth
“Simply wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

This hotel is simply wonderful. Funky, clean interior with art pieces and quirky touches throughout. We stayed in a basic room but it was far from basic, we had views from our double balcony of Albert park and Port Phillip bay. The room was luxurious, we really appreciated the well appointed kitchenette, beautiful decor and spa bath! With Charles Blackman prints in our room we really felt we were experiencing more than just a hotel room. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Its cleverly appointed close to both Melbourne CBD and St Kilda, with easy walk to the botanical gardens. We will certainly be staying here again when we return to Melbourne.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ben_Ezard, Guest Experience Manager at Art Series - The Blackman, responded to this review, April 16, 2011
Thank you for such a fantastic review. I am very glad that you enjoyed having charles Blackman's artwork in your room and that you loved the fantastic views from our hotel. We feel like we have a very special hotel here and we love hearing your great feedback. We look forward to seeing you back at The Blackman very soon.
Kind Regards,
Ben Ezard, Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Greek first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

Excellent customer service coupled with a high quality hotel has set a standard very few can match.

The view from our suite on the 15th floor was great- across Albert Park (where he grand prix circuit was being set up) over to the coast

The hotel is supported by two excellent 'eateries' - one Italian, one French

• Stayed March 2011
gail2803
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

The Blackman hotel features paintings around Alice in Wonderland and provides the main feature of the hotel.
The hotel is very modern and contemporary with decor a little different to the norm which I loved. The standard rooms are of a decent size with a small kitchenette with THE most comfortable bed I stayed in out of my trip (I stayed in 7 hotels altogether) and this was one of my favourite hotels due to it's individuality. Location wise, it is a good base to explore the south of the Yarra, with a convenient tram stop just located outside. On the door step there are a few nice cages to have breakfast or lunch, and we ventured further afield for our evening meal. I would like to stay at the other Art Series hotels too to experience what they have to offer too.

• Stayed February 2011
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

The Blackman was simply amazing. This brand new hotel was in pristine condition and the attention to detail left no stone unturned. The Blackman Artwork was abundant and beautifully framed and presented right throughout the building and the 'finishing touches' from a construction and furnishings point of view were outstanding. My wife and I stayed in apartment 1703.....an early check-in time, fantastic CBD views, impecable building workmanship, and the best king size bed Melbourne has to offer. 11/10.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

I came to the blackman intending to stay for maybe a month or two, during a short term contract. Time flies when you're having fun; almost 6 months later I left, wondering why I was leaving so soon. The room was very well equipped, the view impressive, and every member of the staff from upper management to cleaners were incredibly pleasant. The only bad thing I could think of is that once you have stayed there, all other beds will make you wish you had one like your room... and you can buy them, of course. Brilliant. A big thank you to all of the staff.

• Stayed February 2011
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

I am a long term resident of The Blackman in Melbourne having booked in for a twelve month stay , I regularly read Trip Advisor and I was shocked to see the negative review posted by < shiversaint > as I couldn't be happier with my choice of accommodation. The location of the apartment suits me as transport and the city are very close to the hotel. The room itself is amazing along with the frosted glass bathroom door with the Charles Blackman image on it. The beds and pillows are the most comfortable in the world. It has been my experience that when I have a request or issue, the front desk personal go above and beyond to accommodate me. I have always been greeted and treated with respect and a hearty smile. Love the place and the personal !!!!! Great work team Blackman

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

I took my family to the Blackman to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday. At check in I found that we had been upgraded to a suite, which was a lovely added extra for the 18th birthday celebration. The hotel is absolutely wonderful, the art work superb and the staff amazing!! I have stayed in quite a few nice hotels but the Blackman is the best hotel yet and we will make this our special occasion hotel from today onwards. A truly wonderful night. Thank you so much to the staff of the Blackman for giving us such a memorable experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family