“Great accommodation, would stay again!”

Fraser Place Melbourne
Ranked #12 of 153 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for - clean, modern, spacious, good location! Was nice to have the room serviced daily, all included in the nightly rate. The air con is quite loud, however we were pretty tired so didn't affect us. The $10 buffet breakfast was good value as well. We would stay here again if we returned to Melbourne.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 706, which seemed a lot nicer/more spacious than family who were staying in rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcus_Packham, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank-you for your feedback; your compliments on our clean, modern, spacious rooms and excellent location are warmly appreciated. I am pleased to hear that your stay at Fraser Place Melbourne proved favourable due to these attributes, and the excellent value we offer. Also, I am glad you enjoyed our on-site breakfast café. Again, thank-you for providing your feedback, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Place Melbourne.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nicely located in a lane between off La Trobe street. Easy walk to the CBD, Victoria Markets and over to Brunswick Street. Free hotel shuttle bus will drop off at the address from airport busstop.
Expansive and pleasant city outlook from our 12th floor room with balcony. Really comfortable king bed with pillow menu. Not great soundproofing in terms of noise in corridor and morning rubbish collection in the street below. Check out Miss Chu vietnamese cafe nearby. Managed to get a great deal for 5 nights on Wotif.com. Bit painful arriving on an early flight from NZ then having to hang around town before getting into the room at 2pm. An earlier checkin would be more convenient but seems standard in Melbourne.

Room Tip: I saw some fairly frightening traveller photos after I'd booked of boarded-up windows etc. I ema...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcus_Packham, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank-you for providing your feedback; your compliments on our excellent central location and comfortable rooms have been warmly received. Your feedback regarding the soundproofing of walls is greatly appreciated, enabling us to continually improve and grow in our service and product. Again, I am pleased your stay at Fraser Place Melbourne provided exceptional service, and look forward to welcoming you in the future. Thank-you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Fraser Suites were very good value for money. Whilst the rooms are not huge, the layout is very good. There is a small kitchenette with all the essentials such a microwave, dishwasher, kettle, tea and coffee etc.

The free internet provided was a little hit and miss in that it was rather slow. The gym is nice and compact with towels provided. All the equipment was in good working order.

The location is on the periphery of the CBD, but it was only a 5-10 minute walk into the CBD and the great restaurants in the lanes.

Room Tip: For those not familiar with Melbourne the restaurants down Little Flinders are excellent. Start at...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank-you for providing your feedback; I am glad your accommodation with Fraser Place Melbourne demonstrated a quality service, attributed to our great value and well facilitated rooms. I am please you found out location convenient. Again, your feedback is kindly appreciated, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Place Melbourne.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Back to melbourne after a long spell of absence. Found fraser through the internet, and have to say was very please with the overall experience.
Location is quite central thus very easy access both to the cbd as well as train station for access to the suburbs.
Location is also safe for late night stroll through town and back.

Spacious room, spacious bathroom, friendly service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank-you for your feedback; I am pleased that your experience at Fraser Place Melbourne proved favourable, and our location desirable and convenient. Your compliments on our friendly service and spacious, comfortable rooms have been warmly received. Again, thank-you for taking the time to review our property, and I look forward to welcoming you in your future travels.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

These apartments tick a lot of boxes. Being in the CBD, clean, quiet & modern. Quiet with a roomy bathroom compared to some places we have stayed in before. Maybe because it is an 'apartment' & not a hotel there info seemed to be a bit vague,If as another reviewer said the breakfast was 'free' we were unaware. There didn't seem to be opening times of the cafe. And be aware they don't service the apartments on Sundays. Not a big deal unless your towels are in a damp heap on the floor. They were replaced when requested, but only the 2 towels (maybe I should not have presumed the rest would be) it would have helped to have known this beforehand, but this was only a minor hiccup in our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Marcus_Packham, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to provide your feedback: I am glad your experience at Fraser Place Melbourne was a positive one, and that our rooms and location proved favourable during your travels. Thank-you for providing your honest feedback on our room servicing. This has allowed us to evaluate the communication between our staff and guests on check-in, ensuring all relevant information is relayed. Again, your feedback is warmly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Place Melbourne.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The room was clean and compact with the stated facilities.

The staff was nice and kind enough to waive a paid movie that my parents who were not aware that they were watching a paid channel, and when I called them to explain, they were kind enough to help me waive the movie charges.

This also happened when we checked out, and they told us that we have made several calls, and when we explained we did not use the phone to make external calls, the staff also helped us waive it. These were much appreciated.

However, maybe it is a service apartment and not a hotel, there were certain services which we were kind of disappointed.

1) The sole of my boot fell apart and when I returned at night, I asked if they had superglue for me to glue it back, and was flatly rejected. This was completely different when I had the same problem on another day, and I went into a nearby hotel near Flinders Street - with the intention of asking them the nearest place where I could buy superglue, but the staff of that hotel (when I was not even a guest) was very kind to say that I do not need to buy, and offered me superglue and rubber bands to hold the sole of my boots together. The staff of the hotel even offered to mend my boots for me! This - is impeccable service. I am very impressed.

2) I had informed them that I was expecting a package, which was a surprise gift for my friend, and had asked them to help me put it in my room when it arrived in the day, so that when we returned at night, my friend would be surprised with the package. This had been communicated via email prior my trip, and during my trip, I also corresponded with them. However, it was quite disappointing that when we returned at night, the package was nowhere to be seen. I made a call to the reception, and they said yes, they have the package with them now. Only when I requested for them to bring it up to me, do they do so.

Although I admit that the above two things were really no major issues, it does affect the stay experience at Fraser Place.

All in all, a very reasonably nice and value for money stay. I would still recommend it. Just that if you have any issues or problems, which you hope that the staff will or may go all the way out to help you, you might be in for disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Marcus_Packham, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank-you for your feedback; I am pleased that your overall impression of Fraser Place Melbourne was favourable, and our rooms proved clean, comfortable and of good value. Your comments regarding our Front Office team are greatly appreciated, and enable us to continually improve and grow in the exceptional customer service we strive for, endeavouring to meet all guest requests. Again, thank-you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just stayed in this studio apartment, perfect for 2 people. You really wouldnt want more than that. It's in a convenient location in Melbourne CBD, in a laneway just of off Russell street. The room was great for a weekend getaway, clean and contained what we needed for our short stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Marcus_Packham, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to provide your feedback; I am pleased that your found our location convenient and our rooms clean and comfortable. I am glad our accommodation enabled you a memorable weekend getaway. Again, thank-you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in your future travels.