“Frustrating Stay”

Fraser Place Melbourne
Ranked #12 of 153 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and my list of cons far outweigh the list of pros

Pros:
1. very clean room
2. handy location

Cons:
1. Stayed here for 3 nights and my room wasn't serviced once in that whole time!
2. Communicating this with reception and cleaning staff was very frustrating
3. Walls are paper thin; you can hear everything your neighbours do (toilets flushing, showers running, doors slamming)
4. No double glazing on windows; although the hotel is in what appears to be a small laneway there is still a lot of traffic noise and garbage collection noises and people talking very loudly on the street. If you are a quiet sleeper and/or in a room on a lower floor good luck getting a restful night's sleep
5. There is only one very slow lift; we always had to wait a very long time for the lift
6. Towels were threadbare and stained

Would I stay here again? NO! I'm sure I can get better value for money elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank-you for your feedback; I am pleased you have provided us with the opportunity to address these areas for improvement. With regards to housekeeping, I am unsure of the exact dates of your stay however this service is provided Monday - Saturday only, excluding Sunday and public holidays as stated on our brand website and also all online booking sites; I believe this may have contributed to the lack of housekeeping during your stay. With regards to communicating with our housekeeping and front office team, I am pleased to advise we are conducting training next week to address this area of concern and help improve our guests’ experience. I am also pleased to advise we are in the process of replacing our towels. I'm glad to know that aspects of your stay were enjoyable, as you mention our location is quite central to the many attractions of Melbourne and our newly refurbished apartments are clean and comfortable. I thank-you again for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great location within walking distance of china town, very friendly & accommodating staff, clean and tidy,light and bright room with a comfortable bed, fridge, tv, workstation etc, we got the King Deluxe Room with a balcony, perfect!
Definitely recommend this place :)

Room Tip: King Delux room with a balcony - winner!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caitlin M

Thank-you for taking the time to share your recent experience of Fraser Place Melbourne; I am glad you found our team was able to make your stay an enjoyable one, and that our accommodation facilities provided you with comfort and convenience. I hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Centre of Melbourne near everything. Very helpful staff. Right next to china town. And the old prison, plus only around $60 for a taxi from the air port. Will stay there again. Just a little dusty. Breakfast small but good price. The trams are good fun,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank-you for your feedback; I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and will return to visit us again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had a little difficulty locating the entrance of the hotel as it is located in a small lane. It is close to Chinatown and within walking distance from the main shopping area in Bourke Street. Check-in was fast and efficient. The room is small incorporating a kitchenette, a table and a chair. The kitchenette comes with a dishwasher, which saves you the need to wash your dishes after cooking. Preparation of food is difficult as the counter top is small. We also had to sit on the bed or floor to eat our meals as there is only 1 table and 1 chair in the room. Spread at the breakfast buffet is basic but sufficient.
One suggestion for the hotel: add another chair please.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank-you for sharing your experience of Fraser Place Melbourne. I am very happy to advise that we are in the process of sourcing suitable furniture to increase dining space and seating within selected apartments; this is a direct response to feedback, similar to yours, which we have received since refurbishing earlier this year. We are confident this improvement will increase the comfort of our guests and prevent the problem you have identified from continuing to occur. Should you stay with us again, I encourage you to please contact our reservations team before arrival to ensure the room you have booked is one with additional seating. Again, thank-you for your feedback and I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us during your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great Location (19 Exploration Lane), just a few tram stops from the centre of Melbourne, though it is walking distance (for most people) to everything eg theatres, Queen Victoria market, China Town etc. The hotel is located in a laneway but there is space to unload baggage on arrival and vice versa. I'm not sure if there is general parking available as we travelled via shuttle bus from the airport which is about 20mins away. The staff are very helpful and approachable.

Breakfast was included in our rate and even though it was a continental breakfast there was a variety of hot and cold foods. There is no room service however, restaurants etc are very close by and a small supermarket is not far at all, if you want to pick up supplies and cook for yourself.

The rooms a very practical (kitchenette with stove, pots, pans, plates etc + washing machine in some), very tastefully decorated, comfortable bed and pillows and the usual toiletriest etc. We had a room next to the elevator which could be a little annoying when the lift was in action, but we found with the bathroom door closed the noise was not too bad. If you are a light sleeper I would suggest requesting a room away from the lifts.

Overall, this is great accommodation and I would will stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank-you for your feedback; I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Fraser Place Melbourne. As you mention, our location is very central to the many attractions of Melbourne however being tucked down Exploration Lane means you can also escape the hustle and bustle for some rest and relaxation. I am glad that our breakfast offering exceeded your expectations and that you can appreciate the thought that has been put into the design & facilities of our newly refurbished apartments; they are well equipped for long or short stays. Again, I thank-you for taking the time to share your experience; we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I like this hotel very much for it simple and nice decor.
good room, clean bed, bathroom. with a kitchen, fridge, washer, dryer, microwave, TV.
Kitchen comes in useful especially for long stay.Overall I like staying at this place. plus the price is reasonable.

Room Tip: If you wish to have balcony with a view do let them know in advance. bear in mind that room with nic...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience of Fraser Place Melbourne; your feedback about our newly refurbished apartment’s reinstates the Frasers Hospitality philosophy; to provide comfortable & well-equipped accommodation, or preferably a home away from home, for long stay guests. I am glad you feel you received value for money and hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great location, good value, modern & very clean. Service was of very high standard, nothing was too much trouble for them. I arrived very early in the morning and they went out of their way to allow me to have my room early. Linen was clean and of high quality, in fact everything was very clean and that always helps when you are staying away from home

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank-you for your review of Fraser Place Melbourne; I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that our convenient location, newly refurbished apartments & customer service made your experience with us a positive one. I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again during future visits to Melbourne.