Fraser Place Melbourne
$244
$204
$191
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$132
$87
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$166
  • Breakfast included
Melbourne Marriott Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$150
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$153
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$92
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$150
$98
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$118
$101
  • Fitness center
1,097 results
All reviewsexploration lanel'occitane toiletriesquiet lanela trobewashing machinestudio apartmentsliding doorsmall balconyexhibition streetking size bedclose to china townair concarlton gardenslygon streetfree trambreakfast was includedwould stay again
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had a little difficulty locating the entrance of the hotel as it is located in a small lane. It is close to Chinatown and within walking distance from the main shopping area in Bourke Street. Check-in was fast and efficient. The room is small incorporating a kitchenette, a table and a chair. The kitchenette comes with a dishwasher, which saves you the need to wash your dishes after cooking. Preparation of food is difficult as the counter top is small. We also had to sit on the bed or floor to eat our meals as there is only 1 table and 1 chair in the room. Spread at the breakfast buffet is basic but sufficient.
One suggestion for the hotel: add another chair please.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank-you for sharing your experience of Fraser Place Melbourne. I am very happy to advise that we are in the process of sourcing suitable furniture to increase dining space and seating within selected apartments; this is a direct response to feedback, similar to yours, which we have received since refurbishing earlier this year. We are confident this improvement will increase the comfort of our guests and prevent the problem you have identified from continuing to occur. Should you stay with us again, I encourage you to please contact our reservations team before arrival to ensure the room you have booked is one with additional seating. Again, thank-you for your feedback and I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us during your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great Location (19 Exploration Lane), just a few tram stops from the centre of Melbourne, though it is walking distance (for most people) to everything eg theatres, Queen Victoria market, China Town etc. The hotel is located in a laneway but there is space to unload baggage on arrival and vice versa. I'm not sure if there is general parking available as we travelled via shuttle bus from the airport which is about 20mins away. The staff are very helpful and approachable.

Breakfast was included in our rate and even though it was a continental breakfast there was a variety of hot and cold foods. There is no room service however, restaurants etc are very close by and a small supermarket is not far at all, if you want to pick up supplies and cook for yourself.

The rooms a very practical (kitchenette with stove, pots, pans, plates etc + washing machine in some), very tastefully decorated, comfortable bed and pillows and the usual toiletriest etc. We had a room next to the elevator which could be a little annoying when the lift was in action, but we found with the bathroom door closed the noise was not too bad. If you are a light sleeper I would suggest requesting a room away from the lifts.

Overall, this is great accommodation and I would will stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank-you for your feedback; I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Fraser Place Melbourne. As you mention, our location is very central to the many attractions of Melbourne however being tucked down Exploration Lane means you can also escape the hustle and bustle for some rest and relaxation. I am glad that our breakfast offering exceeded your expectations and that you can appreciate the thought that has been put into the design & facilities of our newly refurbished apartments; they are well equipped for long or short stays. Again, I thank-you for taking the time to share your experience; we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I like this hotel very much for it simple and nice decor.
good room, clean bed, bathroom. with a kitchen, fridge, washer, dryer, microwave, TV.
Kitchen comes in useful especially for long stay.Overall I like staying at this place. plus the price is reasonable.

Room Tip: If you wish to have balcony with a view do let them know in advance. bear in mind that room with nice view and balcony is very close to next room. so if next room is quiet. its nice but if the room is noisy it may not be comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience of Fraser Place Melbourne; your feedback about our newly refurbished apartment’s reinstates the Frasers Hospitality philosophy; to provide comfortable & well-equipped accommodation, or preferably a home away from home, for long stay guests. I am glad you feel you received value for money and hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great location, good value, modern & very clean. Service was of very high standard, nothing was too much trouble for them. I arrived very early in the morning and they went out of their way to allow me to have my room early. Linen was clean and of high quality, in fact everything was very clean and that always helps when you are staying away from home

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank-you for your review of Fraser Place Melbourne; I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that our convenient location, newly refurbished apartments & customer service made your experience with us a positive one. I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again during future visits to Melbourne.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed at Fraser Place Melbourne for a shopping weekend and we highly enjoyed the experience. Front desk staff were inviting and friendly - thank you. Although it would have been nice to have been asked "have you been to Melbourne before, do you need a map to find your way" without having to ask directions myself each time. But that's an easy fix by management. Reception and greeting areas have a lovely warm boutique feel and have modern and clean furnishings. The hotel is within walking distance to everything, no need for a car.

Rooms were very clean (including the carpet) and comfortable not to mention a great large size even for the basic suite. The kitchen seemed to be equipped with everything that a traveller could need. No there's not a great view but you'll be pushed to find a view at any Melbourne city accommodation without paying a royal fortune. I notice other reviewers mentioned the frosted bathroom door. Although when I first saw it I thought oh this could be awkward, need not fear you can not see in or out of it or any shaddows at all.

If I had to nit pick, the shower sealant was covered in mould & not very appealing, and one of the lamps had a dead bulb. Again, easy fixes by management. For a very affordable price I was very very happy with my choice in accommodation and will be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank-you for your feedback, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and will be back to visit us in the future. Your constructive comments have been noted, and as you say the areas in which we need to improve are easily fixed. I am happy to advise that just yesterday the housekeeping team began work on the showers & our maintenance team are directing their energies into the routine/preventative maintenance required to ensure light bulbs and the likes are all in working order. Again, I thank-you for taking the time to review Fraser Place Melbourne and look forward to welcoming you back.