New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Fraser Place Melbourne

Fraser Place Melbourne
Ranked #15 of 119 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
Perth WA
“Customer service is lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed in exec studio. Location of hotel is on border of CBD so it is a walk to restaurants down near the river although trams are close. Unfortunately the staff are not very friendly or helpful. Room service was hit and miss. Some days no service other days the maid arrived at 4.30 pm as we were just coming back from a tiring day out. At times cleaning staff took the lift for their own use to Exclusion of patrons. Opening our window / door we were faced with a picket fence blocking any view. Rooms were a decent size and well appointed. Don't think we would return as have stayed in other apartments at similar price more central and better staffed.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank-you for your feedback; I appreciate that you have taken the time to review our property and share your experience of Fraser Place Melbourne. I am genuinely surprised to learn of the customer service you received throughout your stay, and can assure you that your comments will be discussed with the team to identify how we can ensure the experience you have described from reoccurring. Unfortunately, with regards to the use of the lift by the housekeeping team, the building was designed without a service lift and therefore both guests and housekeepers at times are required to share which we understand is not ideal in terms of guest experience. I am glad that you did enjoy some aspects of your stay, being the size and facilities of our newly refurbished apartments. Thank-you again for your comments and for providing us with the opportunity to improve certain areas of our operation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Arrived in the morning and, must admit, didn't get off to a great start. The male receptionist understood efficiency but not customer relations. He thought I was checking out, not in, (though I'd just walked IN the door with my bags) and was terse with me throughout the arrival interraction. However, from thereon it was all great. I'm sick of getting a room with a window facing a wall so had 'upgraded' to ensure a view. Room 908 (or was it 809?) had splendid views, a small balcony, and sun during the late afternoon - evening. Was worth the extra $30 p.n. The rooms were immaculately clean, fresh, tastefully decorated, free wifi - a bit odd with the frosted glass bathroom walls but in fact I didn't feel exposed! Very quiet accommodation - didn't hear any other noises from rooms nor doors shutting/lifts moving (even though our room was right opposite the lift) and no traffic noise (apart from the hum of Melbourne itself). Breakfast $15 p.p. not exciting but what you'd expect, eggs, sausages, fruit bread, bread etc. and good value. Liked the location, pretty central. Hop on/off free tram that circuits the city at top of the street - very handy. And skybus shuttle transfer will drop you off and pick you up at the door. See! Has everything! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank-you for taking the time to review our property; I am glad that despite initial impressions we were able to demonstrate to you the Fraser Difference through other aspects of your stay. I can assure you we will be discussing your comments with the front office team to identify how we can improve the check-in experience you have described for future arrivals. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed our newly refurbished apartments and feel you receive value for money; especially with regards to breakfast as this is an area we have been trying to improve. I am glad to hear you would chose to stay with us again, and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Fraser Place during your next visit to Melbourne.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed there for 3 days. The room is clean and having all basic facilities. We enjoyed the stay very much. It is located in the centre of the town and walking to the interest places are convenient. Front desk staff are helpful. We will definitely come back for this. Cheers!

Room Tip: No parking is available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank-you for your feedback; I very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our apartments clean & well equipped and our team helpful. I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us during your next visit to Melbourne.
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

While Exploration Lane is narrow, these serviced apartments are perfect for staying Melbourne. It was a great location: very convenient to the free tram and to attractions north of the city like the Royal Exhibition Hall and Melbourne Museum, yet away from the hustle and bustle.

Check-in was smooth, if apathetic with no problems. The room was larger than expected, clean, new-looking and very modern. Though we only stayed one night, it had everything you could possibly need for an extended stay included a gas hob, refrigerator and a washer/dryer combo in the room. For foreign travelers there was even a power outlet with a built-in multi-plug. A first I've seen! The bed was firm and the shower was fantastic. City noise outside at night woke us at one point so we had to keep the window closed. I found the television mounted in an odd location (watch you don't bump it), but I guess there was no where else to reasonably put it. Checkout was quick, easy and they held our bags until our flights later with no difficulties.

Based on this stay, my partner who travels to Melbourne often on business decided to start making this his regular accommodation. I had to agree and look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in "6", for example "506" or "606" have the largest bathr...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank-you for your review of Fraser Place Melbourne; your comments regarding our newly refurbished apartments are great to hear and reiterate that we have been able to create comfortable, well equipped accommodation for those travelling for business or leisure purposes. I am very pleased that our team was able to provide you with seamless check-in and check-out; and that our location was of convenience. I look forward to welcoming your partner back to stay with us during his next business trip to Melbourne.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We recently spent a weekend at Fraser Place in a studio apartment. The room was modern, clean and comfortable and well equipped. Our room also had a kitchenette which was well equipped enough for some basic cooking etc as well as a washing machine. This aparthotel is located in a laneway about a block or two from nearby main streets, which meant it was also very quiet. In terms of its general location, it was a great place to base ourselves as it was only about a 5-10 minute walk from Chinatown and about a 10 minute walk to Bourke Street mall. It is also only a short walk to nearby tram stations (including the free city circle tram).

Overall we thought Fraser Place was quite good value for money and would consider staying here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank-you for taking the time to review Fraser Place Melbourne. I am glad you found our newly refurbished apartments well furnished, clean and comfortable; and that our location provided easy access to nearby shopping, entertainment and culinary precincts - having the free City Circle tram at our doorstep is a great bonus for guests and makes getting around the city hassle free. I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I work in the motel industry and I must say I was impressed all round. my partner and i had a great stay. The staff were smiley and friendly, the king deluxe studio (room 1002 )was very nice, amazing comfy big king bed, roomy bathroom a great view from the balcony,modern and clean. I put in a special request and the staff went above and beyond expectations decorating the bed and making it extra special for our special occasion. Breakfast was included and very nice and the location was fantastic especially if yr attending the theatre. For a bargain price on the Internet I was totally impressed and will recommend it to friends, colleagues and family. A great welcoming comfortable place to stay :)

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear that the team at Fraser Place Melbourne were able to make your stay extra special - a true example of the Fraser Difference which we strive to achieve. I am glad you found your deluxe studio apartment comfortable and clean, and that our proximity to Melbourne entertainment and culinary precincts was of convenience throughout your stay. I look forward to you staying with us again during your next visit to Melbourne.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed at The Fraser for 9 nights. We had booked a studio executive apartment. Ours was an early morning flight and we had reached around 9:30am. I had sent them a request for early check-in at the time of booking and we were allowed to check-in as soon as we reached the hotel.The room was spacious and clean. Toilet was small but clean. Hot water was available all the time.WIFI was good and fast.The staff was friendly. The apartment is very close to the free city tram. Victorian Market,Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens is a walk away. The location is very good with lots of restaurants and eateries nearby. I definitely would recommend Fraser Place to family,friends and fellow travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank-you for your review of our property; I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that our apartment facilities and hotel services met your expectations; and that you found our location convenient. I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Place during your next visit to Melbourne.