“Excellent aparthotel in Melbourne CBD”

Fraser Place Melbourne
Ranked #13 of 137 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent aparthotel in Melbourne CBD”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We recently spent a weekend at Fraser Place in a studio apartment. The room was modern, clean and comfortable and well equipped. Our room also had a kitchenette which was well equipped enough for some basic cooking etc as well as a washing machine. This aparthotel is located in a laneway about a block or two from nearby main streets, which meant it was also very quiet. In terms of its general location, it was a great place to base ourselves as it was only about a 5-10 minute walk from Chinatown and about a 10 minute walk to Bourke Street mall. It is also only a short walk to nearby tram stations (including the free city circle tram).

Overall we thought Fraser Place was quite good value for money and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to review Fraser Place Melbourne. I am glad you found our newly refurbished apartments well furnished, clean and comfortable; and that our location provided easy access to nearby shopping, entertainment and culinary precincts - having the free City Circle tram at our doorstep is a great bonus for guests and makes getting around the city hassle free. I hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I work in the motel industry and I must say I was impressed all round. my partner and i had a great stay. The staff were smiley and friendly, the king deluxe studio (room 1002 )was very nice, amazing comfy big king bed, roomy bathroom a great view from the balcony,modern and clean. I put in a special request and the staff went above and beyond expectations decorating the bed and making it extra special for our special occasion. Breakfast was included and very nice and the location was fantastic especially if yr attending the theatre. For a bargain price on the Internet I was totally impressed and will recommend it to friends, colleagues and family. A great welcoming comfortable place to stay :)

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear that the team at Fraser Place Melbourne were able to make your stay extra special - a true example of the Fraser Difference which we strive to achieve. I am glad you found your deluxe studio apartment comfortable and clean, and that our proximity to Melbourne entertainment and culinary precincts was of convenience throughout your stay. I look forward to you staying with us again during your next visit to Melbourne.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed at The Fraser for 9 nights. We had booked a studio executive apartment. Ours was an early morning flight and we had reached around 9:30am. I had sent them a request for early check-in at the time of booking and we were allowed to check-in as soon as we reached the hotel.The room was spacious and clean. Toilet was small but clean. Hot water was available all the time.WIFI was good and fast.The staff was friendly. The apartment is very close to the free city tram. Victorian Market,Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens is a walk away. The location is very good with lots of restaurants and eateries nearby. I definitely would recommend Fraser Place to family,friends and fellow travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for your review of our property; I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that our apartment facilities and hotel services met your expectations; and that you found our location convenient. I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Place during your next visit to Melbourne.
Penrith, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Myself and my partner recently stayed at Fraser Place for Derby Day Melbourne Cup.

I use this website all the time to make decisions on where to stay, and spent a lot of time researching before plumping for Fraser Place...so glad I did!

We were greeted late on Thursday night by Brian, who I think is possibly the friendliest, most helpful person I've ever met at a hotel!! He settled us into our room quickly and efficiently, and then made sure we had received our complimentary chocolates. We unfortunately hadn't so he was quick to bring them straight up to us.

We stayed in a Studio Executive apartment, which was clean and more spacious than photos do it justice. We made the most of Melbourne night life so didnt use the kitchen facilities but every appeared good. We got complimentary breakfast each day of our stay, which was delicious!

Super impressed and will definitely stay here again! Perfect for a couple wanting to stay in the centre of Melbourne CBD

Room Tip: We were 809 and it had a small balcony
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pegs85
FPM_Management, General Manager at Fraser Place Melbourne, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience of our property; I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that Brian was able to make a great first impression and demonstrate the Fraser Difference. I look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Place during your next getaway to Melbourne.
Bathurst, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

stayed here in February 2012 for two nights. Apartment was spacious, modern and very clean.
Transport with free trams was only 100 metres away and close to the Victorian Markets (walking distance) Staff were not very friendly however and this was the only letdown. I would however stay here again because of the location and modern designs. Area was safe and we walked to very nice nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: close the Lowenbrau German restaurant, a great lively and fun restaurant with great big meals for re...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for taking the time to review Fraser Place Melbourne; I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us earlier this year, and that you found our location provided a great base from which to explore Melbourne city. I am happy to advise that since your visit in February we have conducted customer service training with our entire team, and hope that you will be able to notice an improvement in the level of customer service you receive during your next stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to in the future.
virginia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at FP. The price was good and included full breakfast buffet. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room included a small kitchen area with complimentary coffee and tea.
It was in a good location with restaurants near by. The view from our room was not great, we were on the third floor, but we would stay again.

Room Tip: When booking, ask if your room has a city view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for your feedback; I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Place during your next visit to Melbourne.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We booked two nights here at a price advertised as part of an online deal and really came away feeling we'd got a bargain. The studio apartment was a large hotel room with a kitchenette and ample storage. Everything was clean and comfortable. Service from the housekeeping and front desk staff was excellent; the room was cleaned quite late in the afternoon when we went out after a(n embarrasingly late!) sleep in and the SkyBus hotel shuttle was arranged for us very efficiently. The included breakfast was fantastic, with a range of cereals, toast and cooked options.

My very minor gripes were that the hotel information in the room was out of date (by a couple of years) and the walls in the shower were mouldy. No excuse for either of those things. Press the inkjet printer into service and re-print the compendium with updated information, and use some bleach in the shower, and hey presto!

Having said that, the property is very well located and, while compact (bijou is the preferred term, I believe?) the rooms and common areas are very clean. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the west side of the hotel - the sun shines brightly into the east-facing rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank-you very much for sharing your experience of Fraser Place Melbourne; it is great to hear that you found your accommodation well-equipped and comfortable, and that the service you received from our team met your expectations. Your comments regarding breakfast are well received; we recently made some minor changes to the menu which, based on your comments, has improved guest satisfaction. I have certainly passed your observations regarding the shower onto our housekeeping department whom will take the necessary actions to ensure the problem you have identified is corrected. I am very pleased to advise that as of last week we have implemented a new, electronic compendium system accessible via the TV with updated information for guests; something you will be able to utilise during your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Place Melbourne.