4,137 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesouth wharfyarra riverrelaxation suitehilton hotelyarra suiteconvention centerblackout blindsblack out blindsdfo shoppingcrown casinofloor to ceiling windowsattending a conferencecity viewwalk in showerroom servicebars and restaurants
Reviewed May 13, 2010

The hotel is in an area adjacent to the CBD, I stayed here for work to go to a conference as its part of the conference centre. Its next to a massive DFO and short walk to lots of restaurants, so a good spot.
The hotel and its rooms are really well designed (if you like the modernist/minimalist look), with great toliteries, and a powerful hairdyer.
My room overlooked the city. The rooms are well appointed and spacious. My biggest gripe was being asked to pay $30 for two hours worth of internet.
The service was excellent from both front desk and concerige,
Excellent buffet breakfast! the pastries are amazing.
i would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I know it is new, but it is fantastic. Someone has finally thought about the layout and design and they got it right. Everything was clean and tidy, the staff were fantastic and the view was brilliant. It is convienent and the walk along the river was great. Have always stayed in Hilton Hotels and this one has outdone them all, well done.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2010

My husband I have always stayed at our favourite Melbourne hotel because we had never found a hotel which measured up to our previous expectations. After seeing the South Wharf Hilton on the internet I decided to give it a try and booked in. Quite simply, we now have a new favourite! Our room was absolutely spectacular, from the luxurious furnishings and extras such as a coffee machine, to the size of the room itself which included panaramic views of the entire city. We were upgraded from an Executive suite to the Relaxation Suite which had to be seen to be believed. I would highly recommended giving this unique hotel a visit. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I selected this property for it's location and the mistaken belief that it catered to the business traveller. After paying for an executive room in order to access the business lounge I was thoroughly disgusted to be informed that I would need to pay $13 an hour to use the internet access. I required this service for approximately 3 hours each day for 4 days which amounted to an additional $156 for what should be a fundamental complimentary service facility for a so called business hotel of this standard.
This kind of "Nickle & Dime" money grab left a very bitter taste in my mouth and I will be sure to advise each and every individual in my travels that this hotel rips you off ...it would be far better to include this service and increase their rate.
So in summary if you plannning to visiit Melbourne for business avoid this property at all costs unless you want to be subjected to a pathetic outdated and inconsiderate policy of charging $13 an hour for nothing more that what a cheap internet cafe would provide and probably at a far better connection speed at that.
I was disgusted and will never return...I wonder how much goodwill they must loose through this practice which is a classic example of false economy.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This hotel is great if you like modern and stylish places. It is fairly new and located to the South-West of Melbourne's CBD in an area that has only recently been developed. The surroundings of the hotel are not very lively - the tram, which takes you to Federation Square in about 10-15 min. is just a short walk away however. Also, the Crown Complex with its casino, restaurants, shops and other nightlife venues is in walking distance too. The good thing about the location is that it is reasonably quiet. Ask for a room which faces the city center, which is much nicer than the other side (apparently mainly a parking lot and highway).

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple