4,157 results
All reviews the executive lounge south wharf yarra river relaxation suite hilton hotel yarra suite convention center blackout blinds black out blinds dfo shopping crown casino floor to ceiling windows attending a conference city view walk in shower room service bars and restaurants
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This hotel is great if you like modern and stylish places. It is fairly new and located to the South-West of Melbourne's CBD in an area that has only recently been developed. The surroundings of the hotel are not very lively - the tram, which takes you to Federation Square in about 10-15 min. is just a short walk away however. Also, the Crown Complex with its casino, restaurants, shops and other nightlife venues is in walking distance too. The good thing about the location is that it is reasonably quiet. Ask for a room which faces the city center, which is much nicer than the other side (apparently mainly a parking lot and highway).

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

The hotel is in an area adjacent to the CBD, much like the Docklands in London. The hotel and its rooms are quite smart (if you like the modernist/minimalist look). Although my room overlooked the cark park, I did have an "ocean view". The rooms are well appointed and spacious. My biggest gripe was being asked to pay $30 for two hours worth of internet and there isn't ANY public internet access in or near the hotel. Be warned

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We stayed here on a Friday night. Great views towards the west, didn't miss the city views as there is a lot to see.
Went to the Tapas Bar downs stairs for dinner. Mistake. Should have ordered in. Food was good, but the service was terrible. Ordered a drink, never came. Ordered same drink again, never came. Over half an hour to get a glass of water filled. Went to Bar and complained to the manager, nothing changed. Still didn't get my drink.
I would stay here again, but I wouldn't be dining in the Tapas bar on a Friday night based on our experience. Maybe other nights the service would be good, but it was terrible the Friday night we went.
There's also no pool. And no free internet - $10 per half an hour? No thanks.
Also, I left ,my pen in the room, and it wasn't found my housekeeping. I probably left it on either the side table or main desk. Never returned despite three phone calls to ask if it has turned up.
I'd stay again, but I'll order in, and make sure I haven't left anything behind.

1  Thank Dustyone11
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Booked into hotel via direct phone call and was redirected to California base, which i found interesting but the guy on the phone was competent and polite and the result was a cheaper option. We booked a club style king room. we arrived at 11.30 in the morning and i approached reception knowing that a room immediately was unlikely - but no worries room ready and in we went. Room was very modern and suited our purpose. The club lounge was sanitary and had no atmosphere, the drinks at night were plentiful if basic, finger food ok. Breakfast nothing to really rave about being very basic. The hotel is very dark!!! The entry is dark, the tapas bar is dark the restaurant was dark - why i don't know! the food at the tapas was nice but expensive. The food at the restaurant was certainly unimpressive. Our fish was dry and very lonely on a plate by itself and expensive i do not recommend the restaurant! Car parking good. they gave us an extra hour for checkout which was nice. Overall a good location, staff did their best, facilities shiny but sterile and they don't spend much on lighting.I'd recommend it to some of my friends but not with kids

Reviewed April 29, 2010

I found this new hotel to be fantastic. We stayed at the Westin the night before here and were dissappointed, as it is very tired. This however was treat, very nice rooms, good staff, and great food downstairs....superb!

1  Thank David M