Stayed here for 3 nights over the Easter long weekend for $165 per night incl buffet breakfast and late checkout at 6pm. I had booked and paid for a city view king sized room and requested a smoking room. Unfortunately when we got there, the king sized smoking room was not available, and being a nice girlfriend we decided to go for the twin room smoking room. The man at reception failed to tell us that this was not a city view room and we didn't realise until we got to the room. Was not too impressed that we weren't told beforehand, seeing as we had paid for a city view room but given the price we paid, we decided to stay in our downgraded smoking twin room with a view of DFO (I've deducted a star because reception forgot to tell us it wasn't a city view).
The hotel is what everyone says:
- location: short walk to main city centre, DFO is right next door (with great stores for men and women)
- bathroom: separate bath and shower, modern, sleek with crabtree and evelyn toiletries
- bed: although we were in the twin bed, it was absolutely luxurious. Nice selection of pillows
- flat screen tv with limited cable channels (fox8, cnn, bbc, sport)
- service: reception staff were a bit over the top but the restaurant staff were fantastic.
- gym is open 24 hours
Checkout was a breeze. I put our cards in an envelope, signed that they could charge me for anything and that was it.
the blinds/shutters are awesome - you can have naps and block out all the light! Overall, a lovely stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf is located in the riverside South Wharf leisure precinct, on the banks of the Yarra River. Overlooking heritage sheds filled with dining and bar options and the Polly Woodside tall ship, the 396 bedroom hotel is a 10 minute walk to Etihad Stadium, the Melbourne Aquarium, Crown Entertainment Complex and Southbank. The free City Circle tram stops just across the river from the hotel, taking guests to the historic city centre, renowned Melbourne laneways and major tourist attractions. At the hotel, it is easy to indulge and relax, no matter what the occasion. With floor-to-ceiling windows offering spectacular views from every room, the Relaxation and Yarra Suites offer dramatic ambiance for a romantic getaway. The unique Two-Bedroom Suites are ideal for families or for longer stays. The expansive executive lounge features a riverside outdoor terrace on which to enjoy an aperitif at the end of a day's sightseeing, and complimentary breakfast. The hotel also offers in-room spa and massage services, a spacious complimentary Fitness Centre, upmarket Dock 37 Bar and Kitchen and casual Caffe Cino. The hotel offers guests the expertise of the Hilton brand, and the bold styling, intimate service and stylish boutique touches of an innovative, modern hotel - a perfect city getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Melbourne South Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel Melbourne