“Excellent hotel with all the extras” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Melbourne South Wharf

Hilton Melbourne South Wharf
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“Excellent hotel with all the extras”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Although I only spent one night here it was a great experience. The room was lovely with lots of luxurious touches. The bed was awesome and the bathroom large and lovely. Room service was prompt and the food excellent. The location is great for shopping at the nearby DFOs and for easy access to the freeway to the airport.

The only reason I've given the hotel 4 rather than 5 stars is because I waited 15 minutes in a queue to check in. After a tiring day and a long flight this was too long.

Stayed July 2014
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you for your review about your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I was very pleased to read your comments; however we sincerely regret any inconvenience caused as a result of the delay you encountered at check in.

We do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Brett Christ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (839)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Having had some wonderful stays at this hotel I was very disappointed to find a previous guest's forgotten clothing in the drawers in my room when I arrived late at night. The receptionist immediately changed my room to another on the same floor but I felt I could not trust that things had been cleaned. At the price and with the brand I would expect rooms to be adequately cleaned and checked.

My previous stays have been flawless so this was a let down. The manager did call to apologise the next day and I do appreciate the room lay out and the location and ease of parking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us following your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Naturally, I was sorry to learn about the lack of attention to detail with the Housekeeping of your room on this occasion and we deeply apologise for this oversight. Please be assured our Housekeeping Manager has addressed this situation with the Room Attendant concerned and we sincerely regret any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

I do hope, however, that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel at some stage in the future.

Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel really is a 5/5 but checking out spoilt the experience.
This hotel is on the edge of the CBD but the location is fantastic for dining and shopping (DFO next door) and a 10 minute walk to the Casino and 25 minutes to the NGV.
We stayed 3 nights in an Executive Room on level 17.
Everything about this room was 5 star including the view! Spectacular.
The Lounge experience was the highlight. The staff, the food and the ambience spot on.
Everything perfect...until check out!
We had been charged for bottled water from the room. I told the check out clerk I was under the impression that the water was complimentary in the room as that is what I had read on their website re Executive Rooms. He said no, the water is only complimentary from the Lounge.
I did not wish to argue or cause embarrassment to my wife or others at the check in/out desk.
He did though, cancel the charges.
On arrival at home the next day I checked the website and this is what it said; "The rate includes turn down, bottled water and access to the Executive Lounge, with complimentary breakfast."
I wonder how many others have been caught out and not pushed the point.
I sent an email to the Hotel 4 days ago but have had no response.
Sad that my memories include this problem.

Room Tip: An Executive Room is a MUST
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank BobbyGAus
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Whilst I'm delighted you enjoyed your overall experience, we sincerely regret any inconvenience and disappointment caused on check out, as a result of the misunderstanding surrounding the bottled water inclusions.
We have been in contact with you directly and trust that you received this correspondence. Should you have any other queries or wish to discuss the matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Thank you again for your feedback which I appreciate and I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed for business last week and thought it was quite a good stay- a bit overpriced for what it is but overall good. Staff helpful rooms nice. The food however was average- overall not a bad choice

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I appreciate your feedback and was pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel locates in a perfect place, close to everywhere. Staff are very friendly. DFO shopping experience is awesome. The beds are awesome, I am going to buy me a mattress topper and pillow from Hilton website. It's just too sad that there is no pool in the hotel. I to ask the reception to give me a toothbrush and they gave just one for myself, then I had to ask for another one for my friend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your review about your stay with us earlier this year.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our location and the friendliness of our staff and we appreciate your feedback. However, we sincerely regret any miscommunication and inconvenience caused in relation to your toothbrush request during your stay.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of your return to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf at some stage in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Came down to Melbourne very late at around 12:30 am and check in was a breeze. We were upgraded from a guest room to the Suit which was very welcoming. The rooms were spotless and the bathrooms were on par. We only stayed the night and headed off early in the morning but everything was perfect as can be. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had so i would recommend it. I would definitely come back again when i get the chance

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Tony Q
Thank you for your wonderful review.

It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your return to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Such a great hotel! Awesome location, friendly staff, executive level is lovely! Really enjoyed our stay! Did not want it to end! Perfect bedroom great size and same with the bathroom, the view is ahhhhhmazing

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bec B
Many thanks for posting a review about your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our standard of service and location; and we hope you will visit us again soon!