“Great!”

Ranked #20 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane
“Great!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed here one Monday night in June 2014. I felt a bit guilty not staying at the Clarion Suites Gateway as this is where we always stay, but at $153 I couldn't resist the Hilton.

I checked in at 10pm and received an upgrade to a city view room. This was nice and I had a great view of the Yarra and the city. The dark carpet and plenty of wood in the rooms really create a unique atmosphere. Check-in was friendly and quick and I was asked if I needed any info on the hotel. At 10pm I didn't so the girl wished me a pleasant but short stay.

The room was quite large and included a desk and chairs. The bathroom was large too with both a bath (separate) and shower. The shower was disappointing - it kept oscillating between hot and cold without my touching anything. The provided toiletries were very nice.

The TV was slow in responding to the remote but it was no major issue. The bed and pillows are what really set the Hilton apart from other hotels. The bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept on, and the pillow was equally as great. I rarely find a pillow I like in hotels but the Hilton's are great. One press of the button sends down the blockout blind - this is a 100% blockout - no light seeps through the top, bottom or sides. A perfect night's sleep was had!

Check-out was also quick and seeing as it was raining I caught a cab from the front door. I would have liked to watch across the bridge to catch a tram but it wasn't to be.

The hotel is right next door to the convention centre, and further away from the CBD than most hotels. It seemed to be full of business people who presumably caught taxis to and from the hotel, so the location isn't a big issue. For $153 it was a real steal, and I would definitely go back. Stay here and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank mjref
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for your great review of our hotel.

I was pleased to read about your experience at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf and I hope we will have the pleasure of your return at some stage in the near future.

Brett Christ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (856)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Beautiful room and very comfy large bed, was particularly impressed with the bathroom (both walk in shower and bathtub). The view was amazing and it was close to lots of restaurants, shopping and attractions. Only downside was parking.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your review about your stay with us at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel for another romantic getaway soon.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This has always been my favourite hotel in Melbourne because of its location and gym facilities.

I have always enjoye my stay at the hotel but unlike most other hotels in Australia I find that the staff rarely smile which is very of odd. Does it bother me? Nah because I just love everything else about this hotel its close proximity of South Bank and the view of the river which is spectacular.

A definite must to stay if you want to walk to have your meal plus enjoy getting yourself fit at their gym

Room Tip: Try the upper floor with a view of the river. Loads of water sports occurs in the morning
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your reivew on Trip Advisor.

Whilst I was pleased to note that you enjoy your stays with us, I was sorry to learn that you felt that our staff did not smile often. Please be assured I have shared your important and constructive feedback with my team to ensure that our staff are consistently delivering the levels of service and hospitality that we are indeed capable of.

Thank you for you for choosing Hilton Melbourne South Wharf and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed here for one night for a city escape, great location and great hotel overall.
Stayed in a king executive room with club access and was excellent value for money with afternoon tea, canapés, drinks and breakfast!
Room had breathtaking view of city.
Room and bathroom spacious and clean.
Highly recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback in Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to learn that you were pleased with your upgrade to an Executive Room and we appreciate your feedback. I hope we will have the privilege of serving you again in the near future at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

geelong, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We arrived early and were greeted by a friendly staff member at the Bell desk who handled our luggage so we could go and shop. The room was a welcoming relief after a day of shopping, the bed was luxurious. It was a nice walk along Southbank to the theatre district for a show at night and we woke to a beautiful breakfast the next day. Staff were always helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Anthony F
Thank you for your review about your recent stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Great to read about your enjoyable stay with us and we all look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed here for two days last weekend and loved it. The location was great to walk any where in Melbourne CBD. Easy walk to Etihad Stadium and MCG, Great shopping near by. The staff were very helpful and friendly

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Many thanks for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed our service and location, and we hope to have you visit us again soon at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Trafalgar, Australia
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Room great, our king-size bed was a little too soft for me but hubby loved it. Clean, nice, minimalist decor which I love and a bathroom which is absolutely the best with full size separate bath & large shower for my 6'4" husband. Love the white fluffy bathrobes too. Staff were friendly & attentive. Electric 100% block out blinds were Awesome!! Walking distance to Etihad Stadium, Southern Cross station, convention centres & casino. Love Sotano wine bar & tapas downstairs; it's a great place to wind down and they have a fabulous cocktail list. With DFO right next door and countless great dining options within a short stroll, it's got the best of everything. It's also easily accessible from the freeway off ramp from the eastern suburbs. Well stocked minibar but again, no Victorian beer (Crown Lager or Carlton Draught) for my hubby. $50/night for valet parking is my only criticism. WAY too expensive!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, July 3, 2014

I was delighted to read your comments and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We look forward to the pleasure of your return sometime in the not too distant future.