“Great location ”

Pan Pacific Melbourne
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Positives: breakfast, service, beds, block out blinds, views, location
Negative: tried to organise another nights stay and wouldn't negotiate a good rate through the hotel. Offered $350 so I booked on Wotif for $280. Disappointing.
Overall, a lovely hotel with beautiful decor.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Thank you for review on Trip Advisor.

Whilst I was pleased to learn of your enjoyable experience during your stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, I would greatly appreciate it if you could kindly contact us directly with further details about your booking enquiry, whereby you were offered a different rate from that advertised on Wotif.

Thank you again for your time and feedback; and I do hope to hear from you soon.

There are newer reviews for Pan Pacific Melbourne

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Great stay at the Hilton South Wharf. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. We paid for their upgrade package on arrival at the hotel and it is well worth it. Our room was upgraded and also consists of breakfast, afternoon tea/coffee in the executive lounge and wine/beer and canapes in the evening. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. There are plenty of restaurants around the hotel and a large shopping centre. Its also very close to the casino and exhibition centre.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I appreciate your feedback about your stay with us and hope we'll have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed in the Yarra Suite for two nights, with a fantastic view over the river below and the city.

Traveling a lot, I have to say this is among the best 5 hotels I have ever stayed at!

Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2014
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Many thanks for your wonderful review.

I was delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Typical 5-star hotel, representative of the Hilton branding. Conveniently located, especially for guests arriving from Western Victoria via the M1. Huge shopping mall next to the hotel - great for keeping the accompanying family occupied while I attended a meeting at the adjacent convention centre. Comfortable 'queen family room' - a queen bed plus a single bed, perfect for families with small/young children sharing existing bedding. Large en suite with separate bathtub and shower area. Great beds and pillows (Hilton has an pillow menu which you can pre-select your choices online before arrival).

Room Tip: AWAY from the M1. Road noise can be quite disturbing, especially the prime movers and their hydrauli...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Indeed, we are fortunate to have such a favourable location and it was wonderful to read that you were pleased with the comfort and convenience of your guestroom features during your stay.

I hope we will have the pleasure of your return in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is already a late review for this hotel. I stayed here with my wife and baby girl a couple of months ago. Check in was quite fast that time. I was really impressed with the interior of the hotel. It was huge, spacious and classy. As expected, our room was meticiously clean, spacious and elegant. And the view was spectacular.

Our breakfast was included in our room. When we enter the breakfast area, we were amazed of how big the wine cellar was. We thought it was really cool and clever way to put it that way. (We had never seen a wine cellar like that before). We also love the idea of freshly squeezed juices at the host desk. I would also like to particularly mention Zara (I still her remember her name because it was my wife's favourite brand) for her professionalism and going that extra miles for our needs most especially to my little girl.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Thanks to all for our 5 star experience! We wil be back!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Many thanks for your wonderful review.

I was thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your experience at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf and greatly appreciate your feedback, in particular your acknowledgement of Zara, who will be encouraged by your comments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the very near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Very good value, location is perfect for conference and fun at Yarra river wharf entertainment.
Hotel is new, with very spacious and luxury rooms. Huge bathroom and very comfortable bed.
View over Melbourne's CBD and river is just spectacular

Room Tip: Room 1532 corner view over Yarra river and CBD as well St. Kilda
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our location and facilities during your stay and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Although my initial impression of this hotel was not great due to a poor conversation with the sales department I have to say wow! My experience staying at the hotel has been fantastic! If you are after a great hotel with lovely views right next to the casino and are a big fan of shopping.. Stay here!!! DFO next door is great!

I also want to say when purchasing our stay I got us an executive room with access to the executive lounge!!! Make sure you purchase this extra it is a must! We would wake up in the morning go here for breakast then head out for the day then back to the lounge about 4pm for afternoon tea and to the room to get ready and back to the lounge about 6.15pm for drinks and cannapes! This place is amazing the food and drinks is to die for and all free with your room package! A must must must!

If I come back to melbourne I know where I will be staying .. Fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your great review on Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

It was our pleasure to serve you and I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your Executive privileges during your stay.

We hope to see you again soon.