“Great corner suite for special night”

Pan Pacific Melbourne
Ranked #21 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed March 31, 2014

For a special overnight stay we spent one night in a corner suite. Suite consisted of bedroom, nice sized lounge and large bath/shower room and separate toilets. The rooms were modern and very comfortable. But the biggest draw card were the outstanding views back down the river towards St Kildare road area. These were exceptional. We did not use the hotels restaraunts as there were so many local options to select from, except for breakfast in the executive club which was the standard executive club buffet style. For that special night, this hotels suites are recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Many thanks for your feedback about your recent stay.

Our suites are indeed beautifully appointed and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of the room, particularly the spectacular views on offer. We look forward to your return at some stage in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I recently stayed here with my daughter for a conference. The beds were extremely comfortable and the blinds made it so dark that my 5 year old slept in past 8am each morning. The room was clean and comfortable but a little minimalist for my style.
The staff were excellent and the restaurant was wonderful. The buffet for breakfast was fantastic.
The hotel organised babysitting at the hotel during the hours I attended the conference, and I could easily shoot over to the conference directly from level 1 of the hotel.
The babysitting was expensive but reliable and convenient.
I will definitely stay there for my next conference.

Room Tip: Higher levels have better views.
1  Thank Sallydz1

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay.

Naturally, it is wonderful to read that you were satisfied with your overall experience and I am glad that we can expect to see you again on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Check-in (around 6 pm) was very quick and smooth - as this Hilton is well staffed at the reception area, with 3 staff managing check-in and other matters. Being HH Diamond, I was upgraded to an Exec Room on the 16th floor.

Throughout my stay, all staff were courteous and served with a smile. One of the best serviced Hiltons alongside Hilton London Bridge.

Room was well sized, king bed was comfy - in fact very comfy with excellent pillows! Carpets were clean but with complimentary slippers, didn't really make a difference. View was excellent - having both the city and part of the river. This Hilton has an automated blind - whose controls was located near the TV affixed to the wall. Toilet was very clean, with amenities usual of the Hilton brand. A word of knowledge - toilet cannot be locked (as it is just a frosted-glass door) and shower does not have door/screen.

If there's a quibble - it would be that the Exec Lounge was not manned; and that during the time I was accessing the lounge, it was open (to the public) - albeit there is a swipecard facility to access the lounge. Unfortunately whilst I was at the lounge, there was a group of (what seems like business) persons who were talking and laughing very loudly, occupying the centre of the lounge, as if vying for attention of everyone around them. One of them even had the audacity to speak fluent vulgarities in his language, even though there are children (who are well mannered and quiet) in the lounge.

If I must add a suggestion - it would be that the Hilton Lounge should also caution executives about boisterous activities (such as the one I experienced) and not only requesting that children be supervised and not affecting the experience of other guests.

Breakfast spread was delightful. It was the usual delights of eggs (poached, scrambled, fried, anyway you like it), bacon, sausages, hash; complimented by good spread of pastry (croissant, danish) and healthy choices of cereals, oats, fresh fruits, own-made fruit juices, yoghurt, etc. Staff was polite and cleared plates very promptly. Dropping into the exec lounge, it was not densely populated like the night before, which provided a serene place for breakfast - however the spread was the usual of an exec lounge brekky.

Check-out was quick, though I had to wait (for a few minutes) to speak with concierge to book for a taxi - as it was peak hour (at 9 am) where the concierge is usually the busiest. Following, from concierge to cab - the whole process took less than 2 minutes and I was underway to my business venue.

Overall, my experience at Hilton South Wharf has been exceptional - can hardly fault either the property or the staff. Definitely a place to stay again when in Melbourne.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review about your visit to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf; and we greatly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand, as a valued HHonors Diamond Guest.

We continually strive to create memorable and exceptional experiences for our guests and whilst I was delighted to learn that yours was indeed a most enjoyable stay, please be assured that your important comments have been taken on board in regards to your experience in the Executive Lounge. We truly regret any discomfort you endured, by way of any discourteous behavior from some guests, and once again, I appreciate your feedback about this situation.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels next bring you back to Melbourne.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very average hotel. They did nothing to personalise my experience. The restaurant is very expensive and the choices are limited. I didnt get a newspaper and wasnt offered one. The lighting in the room was poor

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Stephen H

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your recent experience.

I am very sorry that you felt you did not receive personalised service during your stay. As newspapers are delivered upon request, we sincerely regret any disappointment caused on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to inform us of your preferences on future stays, as it is our priority and pleasure to accommodate your personal requirements and ensure your needs and expectations are indeed being met during your stays at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Thank you again for your feedback, which I appreciate, and I hope we will have another opportunity to serve you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

First time staying at this hotel , great location and good food at the tapas bar.
Public areas are getting a little tired but rooms were good. Great bed linen and toiletries but very soft beds and pillows.
Where improvement could be made is service check in on a Saturday and two people were on the desk with two people just standing around at the concierge desk which is not a good look when you are standing for 10 mins plus.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jillyc55

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I appreciate your constructive feedback pertaining to your check-in and arrival experience; and we sincerely regret any inconvenience or delays caused on this occasion - Please be certain that I have shared your helpful comments with my Front Office Manager and his team for review.
However, I’m pleased you enjoyed the comfort and quality of your guestroom and your dining experience at Sotano Bar; and I do hope we will have the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf in the near future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed here for one night and it was really wonderful, the room was modern, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious with a big bath and shower. The staff were friendly and the buffet breakfast was exceptional. We had a wonderful stay and the location was very good! right next to DFO and a quick taxi ride away from the Casino. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your review on Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

Great to see that you were very pleased with our facilities, services and location; and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I am a bit conflicted - the room is really dirty but the food has been above average. I am lucky to be here for a work trip so I can't complain about the price (work is paying) but it is probably the dirtiest five star hotel room I have stayed in... Carpet is not only tired but dirty, work desk is dusty and the phone has someone's leftover dinner on it. The lifts are filthy dirty... If it was a trip in with my family I would be complaining and asking for a different room. There are better to stay at in the CBD.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us about your recent stay.

I was very sorry to read about the poor cleanliness and condition of your room on this occasion which, I concur, is not representative of our five star standards and is most certainly a rare occurrence. You can be assured that our Housekeeping Manager has been informed of your important feedback for necessary action accordingly; however, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly with further information, such as your guestroom number, as we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to address these issues more specifically. We deeply regret any disappointment caused during your stay, as a result.

Again, thank you very much for your time and feedback; and I do hope we will have another chance to welcome you back to Hilton Melbourne South Wharf at some stage in the future.