“A great city spot!”

Pan Pacific Melbourne
Ranked #21 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Not sure what the last review was about, it can't be same hotel?

We stayed for a night in the city and it was stunning. We couldn't fault anything. We stay in a lot of Hilton hotels, and not all of them are great, but this was exceptional. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by staff in the lobby, checking in was swift and as our room was ready earlier we headed straight up. We'd been kindly upgraded to a city view room and it was just simply STUNNING! We had a standard room other than the view and it was spacious and clean. Still felt very new.

We met friends in the Tapas Bar which was lovely.

We parked outside for $20 a day (which was really easy considering it was 27 Dec) and walked into the city centre. South Wharf is also lovely with lots of waterfront bars and restaurants to chose from.

We've recommended it to friends and family who travel to Melbourne a lot. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Go for a city view, and we heard the other upgraded rooms have access to the Executive Lounge which...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thank you ever so much for the 10/10 review.

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and the team looked after you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was delighted to be able to exchange my 60000Hilton points for a night - New Year's Eve - at this lovely hotel. The reception area and staff were welcoming and well-presented - the was area decorated with Christmas trees and decorations. Check-in was very quick but I believe we missed the rush by arriving a little later (about 6pm). Our room faced the city and was spacious and well-decorated with the typical luxury comfort of this chain's beds and accessories. We were treated to panoramic views of the spectacular fireworks and slept very soundly in quiet and pitch-black room. The hotel's restaurant ('37' - I think!) had breakfast buffet ($27 cont. and 37 full) - and al la carte. Al la carte very reasonable (eg. $15.50 for a three egg omelette with 'the lot'). Th dinner menu (except NYE) also looked reasonable and definitely comparable to many suburban Melbourne pubs and restaurants (eg. $33 for duck).

Highly recommended for a home-town stay. Convenient parking and shopping and 10 - 15 minute into the heart of the city via Southbank, Flinders St station underpass up to Elizabeth St.

Room Tip: High floor for sweeping city view without rooftops, although all rooms do have views of bay or city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and also for choosing to spend NYE with us.
We glad you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you well.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Its not 5 star... I've been traveling my entire career mostly through a travel manager and now iam a consultant slowing down in control of everything including accomodation. Why not book a Hilton instead of my normal 4.5 business accomodation or something nicer, big mistake. Hilton south wharf has a lot to learn and do if they want to rate themselves at 5... Worst service iv come across, not clean, the place is in a mess. Arrived with no help, my driver and me hauled in all my stuff in... Check in was a robot guy and continued on with all my stuff...
Hallways were A disgrace with marks and dirty walls/doors all the way to te room. Room was the top room type and barly furnished with a sparse uncomfortable couch and table n chairs... I watched the dirty marks from check in on the toilet floor my entire weeks stay which never changed... Should I keep going on? I've got better things to do, but I will let you know this is the first breakfast inclusive place iv ever stayed internationally without eggs, anything cooked or hot... Ehh , this place should be avoided like the plague... Don't make the mistake and stay here for business or lesuire.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
On behalf of my team I would like to genuinely apologise for the disappointment you experienced during your stay especially with regards to the cleanliness of the hotel. We hope to give our guests a perfect 10 experience but we realize sometimes we fall short of our goal. I have discussed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper and we will use this incident to better train our staff on what our guests expects of us.
Once again, thank you for your time as we are always looking for constructive feedback to improve our product and services.

Regards,

Brett Christ, General Manager

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We arrived at 13h30 and were pleased to find the room available, and also impressed by the amenities. Only downside was the lack of free Wi-Fi in the room - its available downstairs without charge, but AUD25 a day in your room!
Fabulous Tapas menu in the bar was available throughout the day, and the pleasant but very sparsely-populated main dining room had an excellent menu, superb service and fairly reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Higher up the better for noise issues
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for your 10/10 review.

Glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the Team looked after you well.
We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed just the one night here for a conference at the convention centre next door. Yes, the decor in this hotel may not be to everyone's liking as it is quite dark, however I found it to be actually quite relaxing and serene. I had a standard king room and it was just fantastic. The bed was like nothing I've ever slept on before and I'm just sad that a late night at the conference dinner meant that I didn't get to spend more time in it. The floor to ceiling window gave a wonderful view, the bathroom was lovely and well stocked, the mini bar had everything you could ask for. The location of this hotel is great, the convention centre is next door but on the other side is the south wharf DFO with amazing shopping to be had. At the base of the building there is a mini mart with groceries and liquor which I found very convenient also. The only issue here with the location is that it's difficult to access via public transport which is probably something that Melbourne planners should consider further when locating a new Convention Centre and of course is no fault of the hotel. The breakfasts here were expensive however quite reasonable on the corporate rate.... and wow, the breakfast buffet was incredible, the likes of which I have only ever seen before in 5 star resorts in the Pacific Islands - including an egg chef, pastries, hot buffet, delicatessen etc. etc. well worth it! Anyway, if you've got the money to spend, then I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.
I am truly delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us; we really appreciate the support you have provided the Hilton brand.

Safe travels, Brett Christ, General Manager

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel is modern, very clean, good location, amazing views. My husband and I were there last Friday and got upgraded to a better view room for free, it was our wedding anniversary and the hotel provided us with champagne, roses and strawberries at no extra cost. The rooms and bathroom are not too big but its good size, the beds and pillows are very comfortable. we haven't been to the pool yet.
This is the second time we stayed at this hotel and we will be back for sure. I totally recommend it for the price

Room Tip: Views to Yarra river are incredible at night
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed your special night away with us and my Team look after you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

See you soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Always a pleasure to stay at Hilton South Wharf. Beautiful rooms with great views and the beds are the most comfortable you'll find. Conveniently situated right next door to the DFO, which is an added bonus! I really enjoyed my meal at the Hilton restaurant also.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and my Team look after you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Safe travels