“Sensational Room, best I have ever stayed in!!”

Pan Pacific Melbourne
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My gosh, I was blown away by the "suite" that we were upgraded too. Arrived at South Warf. Paid $20 parking adjacent to the hotel (make sure you get your ticket validated at the hotel for this price). This was the cheapset option as it was $50 for valet. Good and efficient service at recption and a great suprise to hear we had been updraded to a suite on level 5. 3 seperate areas in the room, 2 tvs, awesome bathroom, shower and tub. Most beautiful views from nearly every angle of the room. These were gorgeous at night as you could see the city lights as you were in bed. Big comfy king bed and lots of new modern magazines to read. We stayed for breakfast in the morning, and it was sensational. Staff were friendly and attentive and the food was excellent. Only disapointment for us was that we had to check out so early to go to work or have time to utilise the in room spa treatments. We wil sta here again for sure!!

Room Tip: Great place to stay if you need to get to Etihad, short walk, great bars, shopping and restaurants v...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

There are newer reviews for Pan Pacific Melbourne

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was my third stay at Hilton South Wharf. It is ideal if you are attending an event at the Exhibition Centre as it is next door. It has South Whaft shopping centre adjacent also, but overall it is a top quality hotel regardless of those conveniences. Rooms are spacious and really nice, super comfortable bed and great room toiletries. Often has art exhibitions in the lobby and the breakfast and lobby spaces are great for meetings. Always easy to get a taxi too which is useful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Overall, considering the relatively bargain price paid I'd say that is exactly what I'd expect of a brand like Hilton. I was only there for one night but the bedding was very comfortable, the room was certainly large enough and the bathroom with separate shower and bath was very good indeed. There was not much not to like about this hotel for a business overnight stop in Melbourne. The in-room dining options could have been a bit more, especially for dinner but the food was nice.
Don't have much more to say really other than it met my expectation in terms of quality etc and we got a great rate.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for the 10/10 review.

I really appreciate your comments and can assure you that I have shared them with my entire Senior Management Team. We are always looking for constructive feedback to improve our product and services.

Safe travels…

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in Hilton South Wharf for attending a conference at the Exhibition Centre next to the hotel for five nights. We arrived at night and the check in was smooth. The reception staff was nice and helpful. As there were four of us, we paid extra, on top of the conference rate to upgrade ourselves to the two bedrooms suite on the 19th floor with executive lounge access. The suite had a king bedded room, a twin bedded room, two bathrooms, and a spacious living room with fully equiped kitchenette. There were two TVs in the suites. It was spacious and very clean. The best suite we had stayed in so far.
The executive lounge was nice and provided free wifi for guests ( a pity there was no free wifi in the suite). Continental breakfast and snacks served were fine but lacking variety. Free alcoholic beverages were served at night.
Location of the hotel was great. It was located next to exhibition centre, along the River Yarra. Many nice eateries and the Crown Casino were a stone throw away. Walking to the city centre was possible (about 25minutes walk to Swanston St) but for those who preferred not to walk , could easily just cross the river and catch the free city trams to the city centre. There was also a shopping mall next to hotel.
We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend anyone who wishes to visit Melbourne.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank SleekVoyageur

Thank you very much for the 10/10 review.

Safe travels…

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

We stayed in Hilton Melbourne South Wharf hotel during our trip in Melbourne between Nov.21 till Dec.7. The hotel restaurant in the first floor is excellent, not just the food, more impressive is the whole morning breakfast crew team, especially Manasvi and Silvia. Their thoughtful professional services, warm and sweet hospitality, etc... made our trip so differently. Our 4 years old daughter Zoe was getting so touched with them that made her did not want to leave at the end of our stay. She even received her early Christmas gifts from both Manasvi (a cute pink teddybear) and Silvia (a lovely pencil box).
What an unforgettable trip!!!
Thank you the whole morning breakfast crew!!
& Thank you Manasvi and Silvia!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you taking the time to review Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and my team looked after you well.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Safe travels.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Check in staff were like robots. I'm a diamond member and got no benefits. No upgrade as apparently there was no availability. And I was put into a 2x single bed room. the receptionist wouldn't give lounge access. I asked to see a manager and then he gave the access. I mean if u change the room type and can't upgrade me, fair enough but lounge access is a compensation for being a loyal member...... Anyways, Expect to pay $50 for valet parking and then wait 40minutes to get the car. On the upside the lounge has great food, just make sure u ask for hard liquor as they keep it hidden. Bathrooms are nice in the rooms but overall I'd go elsewhere next time. Not a winner.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Ritchie G

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and we deeply regret any inconvenience caused as a result of the issues you experienced.

At Hilton, we highly value all our guests' feedback and in order for us to investigate the matter in further detail, I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly.

Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Lobby was very beautiful, We we very impressed until we got off the elevator. The hallway was very dirty carpet never vacuumed We got to our room and it was nice but not impressed I was expecting wow factor especially after paying $550 odd dollars for one night stay. This hotel is at best a 3 star hotel very expensive for not much value There is no Balcony so if you want a smoke you have to go down the elevator to main lobby and out the front where there are 30 drunk teens waiting for a cab I was hassled by a guy who was convinced I was someone I wasn't which was not pleasant. not a great spot for a cab rank full of drunk people

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Michael S

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.
I sincerely apologize for the disappointment regarding our rooms not having balconies and also with the condition of our hallways. I can assure you I will be discussing this in detail with our Executive Housekeeper.

Once again, thank you for your time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rupert Hallam