“Very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Melbourne South Wharf

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Melbourne South Wharf
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
London, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located just over the river from the CBD. There are a number of good bars and restaurants nearby. We checked in after a late flight and the process was very efficient - we were upgraded to a city view. Overall the service was good although when we arrived in our room there was a stain (probably ink) on the duvet cover. We called down for it to be replaced but they were unable to do this given it was gone midnight.

The bed was comfortable and the room/bathroom were well furnished. On one day, one of the fresh towels had what appeared to be bird poo on it. Apart from the problems with cleanliness of hotel linen and towels we had a great stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review.

I appreciate your rating and comments and have discussed them with my Team. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience & disappointment you experienced with regards to our Housekeeping Services. We really hope that this will not change your decision to stay with us in the future.

Hope to see you soon.

Rupert Hallam, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (839)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was recently at the Hilton Melbourne South Wharf to attend an event at the Melbourne Convention Centre next door. While I was provided an upgraded room due to my stay being funded by the conference organizers, I have to say that the room and view I had (facing East along the Yarra River) were fantastic!

Due to the time zone changes and need to communicate with Canada, I was waking up every day at 4 AM. I would go to the electronic window blind and press the button to open the blind - to a beautiful view to the glowing lights of Melbourne.

Additionally, the service was wonderful with every contact with staff being top notch.

Finally, the location, beside multiple restaurants, shopping, river walk, were all outstanding.

My only negative, was the cost of WiFi. At something like $24 per day (fortunately I did not have to pay as it was covered for me) it was way over what I am used to in North America (typically free).

Room Tip: Get room facing East along the Yarra River if possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Frikkin awesome!! A friend and I stayed in the Yarra suite which was on the 16th floor, we had amazing views over the river and city, both amazing at night and day. Huge space. Most comfy bed ever felt like feathers.. All staff were very helpful and always smiled, hotel was beautiful and we would definitely come back. only things I probably would say is having to pay for internet in the room because I wasn't a silver or gold member.. that was very disappointing. And I didn't realise how far it would be to walk to the city centre (for me) esp with how hot it got somedays or with the rain on other days- be prepared for the weather if your on foot. But other than that perfect!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

mornington, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

excellent location, very clean. have stayed here a few times, will go back again. booked for 5 however room set up for 4. luckily we noticed soon after we arrived else someone would have been a towel short for their shower and no cup for their coffee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Reviewer,

I really appreciate your comments and can assure you that I have shared them with my entire Senior Management Team. We are always looking for constructive feedback to improve our product and services.

Safe travels…Rupert Hallam, Hotel Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

One of the better hotels I've stayed at during corporate travel. Excellent well appointed rooms, good service. Right next to the Convention Centre, but a bit of a walk where the action is. The auto checkout was a nice touch. No free wifi was a little disappointing. Other than that, was quite impressed

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you taking the time to review Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.

I am glad you enjoy staying with us. Thank you for all your loyalty and support of this hotel and the Hilton Brand

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Safe travels.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I normally stay at the GH or the Park Hyatt which used to be my favourite. when they get too expensive I move to the Hilton on the park but had a conference at south wharf last week.
On checkin as Diamond automatically upgraded to Relaxation suite , the club was well fitted out and the food and wine selection was very good. I loved the outdoor section and the club service was exceptional.They gavce me 3pm checkout and all in all every member of the team treated me special.I will not want to stay anywhere else again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Very good clean and professional only concern in obtaining taxis as the taxi rank is just up the road and folk get onto them first before the hotel. Make sure you book one if in a hurry to airport etc.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you ever so much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have personally discussed your comment regarding the Taxi Rank with our Concierge Team. We are always looking for constructive feedback to improve our product and services.

Thank you for your time.
Safe travels….Rupert Hallam, Hotel Manager