“The hotel is alright”

Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Wellington, New Zealand
“The hotel is alright”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located, you can walk along the river and there's plenty going on in the area. The staff friendly enough. The rooms were fine, although the entrance / lobby was a little dark with minimal natural light.

My room rate had breakfast included, and the breakfast was excellent with a great choice of food. Not just the typical bacon & eggs, but nice fruits, salmon etc,etc.

Compared to other hotels the price was average.

One negative, I used the express check-out and asked to have the final invoice emailed to me, it never arrived. So you may want to check out the old way!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review.

I appreciate your rating and comments and have discussed them with my Team. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience regarding the express checkout. I will personally follow this up with our Front Office Manager. Thank you again for your time.

Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (868)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was my first stay at a Hilton hotel, was on Sat 7th Sept in the city view room, arrived around 11.30am and was pleasant to know that my room was already good to check into. I must say the view was amazing - the floor to ceiling windows did the view justice, and was worth the extra walk due to the location, which enabled the great view. In the morning you can see the sun rise and the room fills up with light :) The ambience of the hotel (furnishings/colour scheme) was really nice and comtemporary and fitted the brand's image.
I had in-room breakfast and ordered the full breakfast which included the continental b/f plus cooked plate. When the waiter brought the food in and left the room, he came back a few minutes later with the cooked mushrooms that was left behind. While eating I realised a few items were missing from the continental b/f - juice, fruit salad and pot of hot chocolate. I called the MAGIC line to advise of the issue, and the waiter came up in less than 10 mins and apologised again for the oversight. I wasn't greatly bothered by the issue (was too relaxed), however it would have been nice if it didn't happen in the first place and more attention to detail was given to the order.
Regarding the eStandby upgrade service, which I paid $19 for a higher floor on level 14; it would have been nice to know which floor my room was originally booked for, just for my own peace of mind that the paid upgrade was backed up by some sort of proof i guess
Overall my stay was very good and the city/river views are definitely a highlight of the hotel and I don't think any other hotel can match in this regard. Although it may be a tad further walk from the cbd, I didn't mind it and was a good chance to take in more sights along the way anyway :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jenna237
Thank you for your review.

I appreciate your rating and comments and have discussed them with my Team. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment and delay with your In Room Dining Breakfast. I will personally follow this up with our Food & Beverage Manager. Thank you again for your time.

Hope to see you soon.
Victoria
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have stayed at the Hilton on numerous of occassions, but this time was made even more special by Josh.
Josh looked after our check in and could not have been more accomodating.
We were upgraded due to our Hilton Honors, then given a late check (2pm) and breakfast was thrown in as well.
Josh was also there when we checked out, he remembered us from the day before. He was very pleasant and is a credit to the Hilton.
Thanks again Josh we will be back.
Oh I forget he also gave 2 drink vouchers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the 10/10 review.

Glad you enjoyed your weekend away with us and Josh looked after you well. I will certainly pass on your feedback to him personally.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon…safe travels

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed on our recent girl trip to Melbourne to see Pink! The hotel was amazing. The service we received upon arrival just getting out of taxi was enough let alone fro reception! There were 4 of us staying and we had a beautiful 2 bedroom suite, beautifully decorated and so clean!. the beds were amazing to sleep in, room service was divine. Then to top it all off we were right next to DFO. What more could a girl want!! highly recommend for location and service!

Room Tip: Have stayed in hotel room and 2 bedroom suite and highly recommend both
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your 10/10 review.

Glad you enjoyed your all girls weekend away!! We are most certainly are at the best spot in the city for some retail therapy & relaxation! We look forward to seeing you soon.

England
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We took advantage of the reduced priced upgrade option (to a Yarra Suite) when completing the original on-line booking and ended up with an amazing suite, within which we could easily have parked the motor home that we had just toured the Great Ocean Road in, The full hight windows ran the length of the lounge space offering stunning views up, down and across the Yarra with the city skyline illuminated at night, whilst the bedroom and bathroom provided views out to the sea. We only stayed the one night, but the upgrade made it a fantastically relaxing experience, with some very pleasant food and drinks in the executive lounge thrown in. My only small criticism would be that this is the only Executive Lounge I have used recently that has prevented us from taking a drink back to our room, which seems unnecessarily draconian, and inhospitable. Otherwise staff where helpful, friendly and the hotel was clean and stylish - much more than you might expect from a Hilton which can be such an inconsistent brand.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite using the on-line upgrade option
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with your fellow travelers. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and my Team look after you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rupert Hallam, Hotel Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton -South Wharf for a girls weekend away and had a very enjoyable time. DFO shopping centre next door, easy walk to casino and southbank for evening festivities and there's always happy hour drinks in the hotel bar! Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your 10/10 review.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here for a week in July for work. The hotel is located at the Convention Centre, next to DFO, and only a short walk to the Crown Casino. Although the hotel is very new, clean and modern, I thought the rooms were quite average - mainly due to its size and minimal furnishings. In saying that, the bed and was definitely one of the most comfortable I've ever experienced and the pillows were absolutely perfect! I have tried to find these pillows everywhere but have had no luck.
This is a good hotel for business, but probably not so much for leisure as it is about a 20minute walk to the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate your review.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff looked after you well.

Hope to see you soon. Safe travels

Rupert Hallam, Hotel Manager