Pan Pacific Melbourne
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$179
Orbitz.com
$86
$82
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$101
$82
  • Room Service
Mantra Southbank Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$141
$135
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$71
$236
$234
$189
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Breakfast included
3,948 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesouth wharfrelaxation suiteyarra riverhilton hotelyarra suiteconvention centerblackout blindsblack out blindsdfo shoppingcrown casinofloor to ceiling windowscity viewattending a conferencewalk in showershort walkroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at Hilton Melbourne in Siuth Wharf for 1 week - absolute pleasure staying here. Attended a conference at the Conference Centre which is literally 1 minutes walk. Room was large and luxurious, top floor has truly amazing view, staff were very helpful and attentive, restaurants close by (lots of choice). Would definitely recommended staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels. Rupert Hallam, Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights.

Reservation
Booked directly online thru the Hilton website but was terribly disappointed to see the a different rate which was significantly lower on the Hilton melbourne’s website subsequently. Despite Hilton’s Best Rate Guarantee and my feedback initially to Hilton’s Guest Assistance team on the discrepancy, and having asked for the matter to be escalated, Hilton’s management has yet to give a satisfactory reply to my query after more than 2 weeks.

I sent an email to Hilton South Wharf a few days before my arrival to inform them that I had an another person staying with me but I did not receive any acknowledgment.

Arrival
Efficient and attentive bell hops, taking our luggage at the main entrance, offering bottled water, and informing us that the luggage will be delivered to our room once it was ready.

Check-in
There was no queue when I arrived and was promptly attended to. Even though I am a Gold HH member, I was not offered an upgrade as the hotel was “quite full”. I wonder “if quite full” is a hotel industry euphemism for saying we are not upgrading you. In any case, I decided to check the Hilton website for room availability and it showed higher classes of rooms available during my period of stay.
Puzzling to say the least. Our designated room wasn’t ready and we were told to come back.

Room
Assigned a room on 15th floor which was spacious, clean, plenty of wardrobe space. Bed was comfortable for a good night’s sleep. Black out shades for windows and window was sound proof. Unfortunately, the front door wasn’t and I could hear my “neighbor” slamming the door shut. Bathroom was spacious with separate bath tub, shower and lavatory. Minor housekeeping issues like not replacing the same number of extra towels that I requested, incomplete set of toiletries.
Had a great view of the Yarra and Crown casino with its nightly fire show.

Breakfast
Delighted by their welcome fruit juice cocktails as you enter Nuevo 57 and their daily coffee takeaways – ie you can takeaway a cup of coffee in a disposable cup even after your breakfast.
Good spread of breakfast, freshly cooked eggs, waffles. Restaurant should consider more blinds as the sun could be shining directly in your eye depending on where you were seated.

Location:
Good location which is next to Convention centre, the DFO (outlet store) a small convenience store, restaurants and drinking places along south wharf. About 5-7 minutes walk to Crown Casino and to the free City Circle tram (cross the pedestrian bridge outside the hotel). Nearest supermarket is at Southern Cross station.

Facilities
Free wi-fi provided in the lobby area – which seems to be standard for Hilton.
Gym but I didn’t use the gym
No swimming pool or onsite spa

Exceeded Expectations
Toby of Concierge – extremely friendly, helpful, personable. Took the trouble to remember names and follow-up on a request regarding a tour.
Natalia of Nuevo 57 – attentive and friendly. Also, only staff who took the time to explain about the buffet breakfast and available beverages when she was serving us on day 3; something which the other staff assumed we knew even on Day 1.

To summarise my stay, I would say it was enjoyable overall but I felt that the hotel staff adopted a professional and perhaps too business-like attitude – they could exude more warmth, smiles and a bit more pampering towards the guests.

Room Tip: Ask for High floor room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vinz20
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

I appreciate your feedback rating and comments and have discussed them with my Senior Management Team. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced. I would personally like to follow up on your comment about our Best Rate Guarantee. Can I please request you to contact me directly with the details?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Once again, thank you for your time.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My partner took me away to the Hilton South Wharf and stayed in a Relaxation Suite for 2 nights in May for our Anniversary. The initial valet was confusing as there is no designated signage for guests, the hallways were quite dirty when we walked to our room and even had dirty dishes from breakfast outside of room from that morning. However the views from our room (we were on floor 17) and the beautiful bathroom and bedroom made up for the small disappointments. The complimentary breakfast and evening drinks was a nice touch and the staff were generally helpful only on one occasion when they forgot an order of ours. It's a real shame The Hilton is slightly away from the main attractions of Melbourne which could sometimes be a drag for those who want to be more centrally located.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

I really appreciate your comments and can assure you that I have shared them with my entire Senior Management Team. We are always looking for constructive feedback to improve our product and services.

Safe travels…

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked the 2 bedroom suite for our family of 5 and it certainly did not disappoint us. The apartment-like layout was spacious, very clean and beautifully decorated. It had 2 spacious bathrooms, a living/dining area and a fully equipped kitchen.

The front desk and concierge were very helpful and courteous, especially 'Rashid' who gave us tips on what to see and where to eat. The buffet breakfast spread (in the most amazing interior space I've ever seen) was not extensive, but of high quality and delicious. The restaurant staff are also excellent, and carry on their work competently and professionally.

We will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with your other fellow travelers.
We really value your comments and are delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Safe travels

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited Melbourne as part of the Lions Tour and stayed at The Hilton, South Wharf.

It was delightful fom start to finish. Very good, helpful staff, great rooms with amazing views of Melbourne (we were on the 18th floor), comfortable beds and a great shower.

We used the Executive Lounge which, again, was very good and lovely, helpful staff.

A hotel I cannot fault! Well done.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed your big sporting weekend with us !

Hope to see you around soon..