“Get a room with city view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Melbourne South Wharf

You added Hilton Melbourne South Wharf to your Saves list
Hilton Melbourne South Wharf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Convention Centre Place | South Wharf, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 20% Off*
Ranked #17 of 156 Hotels in Melbourne
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Get a room with city view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you have an event at the Convention Centre, this is the place to stay. From level one, you can walk directly into the convention centre (which has free wireless internet everywhere). And, it's only a short walk across the river into the central business district. The hotel is modern. The room is large, and well laid out. The bathroom is huge and has a superb shower. If you are alone, this room is perfect. the mattress and pillows are great.
However, if you are there with your partner, be aware of some oddities. For instance, the bedside switches that control the lights and bathroom night light are only on one side of the bed. So one of you might be stumbling around in the dark. Also, the bathroom door is a sliding door -- in opaque glass. Very trendy looking, but when the lights are on, the bedroom will be flooded with light too. One odd thing about the room -- there is no light near the mirror. For a woman who wants to put her makeup on, she will have to hog the bathroom (which has excellent
lighting).
The fitness center is much better than you usually get in a business hotel.
The breakfast buffet is pricey (AUD $37) but it is excellent.
The hotel staff are incredibly friendly, and in a very natural, direct way. They seem truly happy to be working there.

Room Tip: Tip: ask for a room with a city view, which is also a river view. Some rooms have a view of the e...
    • 5 of 5 stars
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

I appreciate your comments and have discussed them with my team. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment with regards to the lighting in our rooms. We will take this feedback in account for our future refurbishment.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Valet on the first day was overloaded and way too busy for just one guy. He was very rude but made up for it later by being a great guy. This tells me HIlton is not putting enough staff on valet. I don't think it's this guys fault one bit if he is backed up with too many cars.

The room had such a fantastic view I was so impressed by the floor to ceiling windows! The room over looked the city on our side and the few was absolutely gorgeous. The room itself was very nice. Well done, Hilton! We had an executive room and are Hilton Honors members and STILL were charged $30 for internet per device. I'm really getting sick of being charged for internet when i'm paying hundreds of dollars for a room. It's greedy. It's like charging for TV or towels. There is NO REASON why this is still a good idea.

So we went to the executive lounge for internet and it was very nice. However, on three occasions I observed the staff slow as molasses to clean off dirty tables and when they would clear the table they would not wipe it down?! There were 6 tables I counted the first night. The second night we couldn't find a table and there were 5 available but dirty. I asked the waiter for a towel to wipe down the table and he comes out with it and hands it to me. I told him I needed a table wiped down and as he did this he only did my half (with attitude) and not the other half which is where my husband was sitting. What is so hard!?

The next day same issue. This is Hilton's fault. Hiring kids to manage the Executive lounge means they are not paying enough. Perhaps they should up the pay with all the money they are making on the internet charges. Breakfast staff was better.

Room Tip: Don't waist your money on an executive room if they are going to charge you for internet. Can y...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and we deeply regret any inconvenience caused as a result of the issues you experienced.

At Hilton, we highly value all our guests' feedback and in order for us to investigate the matter in further detail, I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly.

Thank you again for your time.
tasmania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Booked executive floor then took up the upgrade offer on checkin to 2 bed apartment. These are on highest floors and quite spacious and well laid out. Kitchenette was adequate. No laundry. Living area small and only has sofa seating for two. dining table seats four. Lot of space taken up in this area with unnecessary designer touches e.g. Shelves and large ( and uncomfortable) can ottoman and intrusive floor lighting. Beds great and bathrooms well appointed.
Right next to DFO shopping outlet and convention centre. Transport easy. A good 15 minute walk to city centre. Stroll along south bamk precinct is pleasant.

The executive lounge on 4th floor is huge but food is pretty basic and service almost non existent in mornings. Large outdoor terrace be good for summer drinks.

Ate in restaurant and food good but pricey. Plenty of restaurants around the area.

Generally a comfortable business hotel but not a lot of personalised service

Room Tip: River facing rooms better as rear rooms get some freeway noise. Air con is bit noisy.
    • 3 of 5 stars
I really appreciate your comments and can assure you that I have shared them with my entire Senior Management Team. We are always looking for constructive feedback to improve our product and services.

Safe travels…
australia

Perfect !!

Right from the minute we got out of the taxi, the young guys at the front door assisted us straight away with our bags, check-in was a breeze, the lady was very friendly and informative , the foyer is lovely - very relaxing, you didn't feel rushed , I didn't mind the dimmed lighting.. (although I still couldn't convince my husband to let me take home one of the new cars being displayed in there..hahaa)

The room was just right for us, we had a King relaxation suite, very spacious. The beds are soo comfy - pillows were just right for me :) We had use of the executive lounge which was great! The staff in there were friendly and very helpful and the choice of drinks and snacks etc was ample!

Room Service we used a few times - Wow! Very fast and food was yummy!

Bar downstairs - we used a couple of times too and the staff there were very attentive and made sure you were never waiting for a drink - it was great!

Location , was spot on for us, as we needed the convention centre, and easy walking to the casino , shops (DFO right next door!) , Collins street and restaurants..

I highly recommend the Hilton South Wharf Melbourne! We will be returning in the near future!!
Thankyou!!

• 5 of 5 stars
I sincerely appreciate your 10/10 review.

Glad to hear that that enjoyed the hotel and all its facilities.

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you soon.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We chose this hotel based on the gorgeous photos online. We stayed in room 1904 which was a 2 bedroom, yarra river view (of southbank). The room was just like the photos, room was clean and the experience was wonderful. We were a family of 4, including 2 small children (5 years and 2 years old). The children loved it, and the room was comfortable for our needs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I really appreciate your review.

Thank you ever so much for sharing your experiences with your fellow travelers. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff looked after you well.

Hope to see you soon. Safe travels
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times - and it continues to meet my expectations.

Great location on south Wharf just a stroll from the city on the river. Lovely rooms that are a good size. Staff are well trained and very accommodating. Highly recommended. We used the Executive lounge, which was well provisioned.

This occasion I left my jacket in my room - and when I contacted the hotel they immediately sent it to my home address - well packaged and received it the day I returned home. The staff are very efficient, and also friendly - a great combination.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
I really appreciate your review.
Thank you ever so much for sharing your experiences with your fellow travelers
Hope to see you soon. Safe travels
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Excellent service in a perfect, spacy and luxurious room, would always stay again in this hotel. Friendly staff, always helpful and in a "can-do-mode". The view over the nearby river and a bath in the wonderful bathroom were amazing

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for the 10/10 review.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We really value your support and loyalty.

Hope to see you soon…safe travel