“Hilton does it again!”

Pan Pacific Melbourne
Ranked #21 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Yet again,Hilton has provided me with another awesome hotel experience!
As a diamond member got upgraded to a Yarra Suite on arrival and couldn't fault the huge suite!
Amazing,large bed and lots of space with awesome views over Melbourne!

Probably the best executive lounge I've ever experienced and great staff!

Restaurants were pretty empty most of the time and rather typical of a business/convention orientated hotel,but no complaints with the meal I had on my first night!

Would definitely recommend for business,couples and solo travellers!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I really appreciate your review.

Thank you ever so much for sharing your positive experience with your fellow travelers. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff looked after you well.

Thank you for all your support and loyalty.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment and the view was magnificent, the rooms are large and modern. We had two children with us and the hotel catered extremely well to all our needs and were very helpful and friendly. There is a shopping outlet right next door and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and I would recommend this hotel to families.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I really appreciate your review.

Thank you for all your support and loyalty.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in February as part of a 3 week trip to Australia. This was by far our favourite hotel and is the best Hilton we have stayed in anywhere. I'm a gold member, so I've stayed in a few Hiltons in my time! The staff are helpful and friendly, the rooms are huge and the floor to ceiling windows really show off the stunning view of the river and the city. The bed is gorgeous and the bathroom is magnificent! We were upgraded to have access to the Executive Lounge, which was a delight too...it's a lovely spot for breakfast and evening drinks and the food is good quality and there is a great selection of items to choose from. We loved the outside balcony and made good use of it in the balmy Melbourne evenings. The location is great and everything is very accessible from the hotel. Both my husband and I were very impressed all round. Thank you for a great stay and we will be back when we next visit Melbourne!

Room Tip: Ask for a Yarra River and City view room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Baggage101

Thank you so much for your positive review !

Really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you ever so much for all your support and loyalty.

Safe travels.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stay at the Hilton South Wharf a number of times each year and have never been disappointed.

The rooms are excellent as are the bathrooms.

I have almost always found the staff to be attentive and welcoming.

I have only eaten in the restaurant once at night (not this trip) and it was very good. I regularly eat breakfast in the restaurant and it is excellent.

I usually don't use the bar but on a couple of occasions recently I did and the service and ambience was good.

Executive Lounge is a nice retreat but the food is very predictable and not really that impressive.

Room rates vary greatly depending on occupancy - you can get great value at the Hilton at times - other times it is very expensive - twice recently I have stayed at other hotels due to the high rates at Hilton South Wharf (usually when there is something on at the Convention Centre).

My only really disappointment is that the wifi is usually very poor ... far too slow to use effectively.

Room Tip: Be aware that a Twin Room is actually 2 single beds .... if you want 3 in room make sure you book a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ian M

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very detailed review.

I really appreciate your comments and can assure you that I have shared them with my entire Senior Management Team. We are always looking for constructive feedback to improve our product and services.

Safe travels…

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. In a two bed suite facing the beautiful Bay. Myself (aged on the wrong side of 40), my sister (heading towards 40) and our parents (on the wrong side of 75). And the room worked well. WAY cheaper than organising 3 x hotel rooms. Great quality finishes.

I was surprised to find out the hotel DID NOT have a pool :(

Room Tip: Two bed suites are on the top floor. Great views and no one above you to make noise!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mssell

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with your fellow traveler.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Arrived late at night at hotel. The hotel lobby looked like a car showroom with cars on display. Was not offered any assistance with bags. Was advised of Internet charges, surely this should be free in this day and age. The corridor leading to my room was not cleaned well. Really not sure about the muddy brown room colours and wood. Very good large bathroom with separate walk in showere, perhaps some may have issues with the open plan nature of the bathroom. Comfortable beds. Really very good breakfast buffet, with charming staff, the best part of this stay. I needed a pharmacy as it was a sunday morning i asked the concierge for advice, he sent me to a pharmacy that is closed sunday's? Unless you are on business at The Convention Centre I completely fail to see the appeal of this hotel and wonder how it scores so well on trip advisor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank anthony604

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very detailed review.

Safe travels…

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hotel was clean and well maintained. Room service was not taken advantage of due to the very high cost - $58.00 for a steak! WIFI connection in the room was terrible. The location of the hotel was ideal as it was easy walking distance to downtown or a nice walk along the river. Lots of restaurants within walking distance also.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment you experienced due to the pricing at the hotel.