“Total luxury”

Ranked #22 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
albany
“Total luxury”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My daughter and I had the best night sleep at the Hilton. The beds where like great big pillows soft and enveloping but still gave great support to your back. The bathroom was just opulent, has to be the best hotel bathroom I have seen yet. Will definitely stay here again if I ever get back to melbourne. Only thing missing was a swimming pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Really glad to read that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your positive experiences regarding our beds. They are like sleeping on a cloud.

Hope to see you soon….

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (871)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tartu, Estonia
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in Hilton Melbourne South Wharf. Hotel is modern and well designed. Room was large and I had great view from the window. I liked the breakfast where were possible to make juice from fresh fruits and vegetables. Hotel is very close to the convention centre and just a short walk away from the city centre and docklands. Hotel honors Hilton HHonors members.

Room Tip: I would recommend city view room.
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I sincerely appreciate your good review.

Glad to hear that that enjoyed the hotel and its location, next to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Very modern hotel. Great executive lounge. Rooms are comfortable. Location is little out of CBD but still close enough to walk! Would definitely stay again and I am picky!! Internet was also quite good but unless you can it for free expensive!

• Stayed February 2012
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review.

Glad to read that you enjoyed your stay especially our Executive Lounge.

We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Melbourne.
Evanston
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Spent 3 nights here whilst attending a friend's wedding. Initial impression on arrival good. There is a calm, professional and welcoming tone to reception and the public areas. Had king room on 6th floor with good view of river and city. Decor, furniture and bathroom all good. Floor to ceiling windows give good light but the blackout blinds were also very effective. I read another review complaining about the air con not being greta but it reached 104F when I was there and it seemed fine. Bed a little soft for my liking but all a matter of preference I guess. Liked the lobby coffee shop - handy option for breakfast if you don't want the full works. Also has free wifi which is good as the rate in the room is extortionate (AS$29/day I think it was).
The location is perhaps a little isolated. I wasn't bothered by this (the benefit was that it was fairly quiet and chilled) but if I had been with my family it might have been a bit of a drag.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your detailed review.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed January 16, 2013

amazing!
hotel very chic and trendy

got upgraded to relaxation corner suite
omg- unbelievable
floor to ceiling windows
great tub and shower
huge sitting room and closet space
glad we were here for 4 nights! made the most of it

location a little outside the main area
but we took the free tram into the main area or walked along the water
very easy
worth it

for tours we were last to be picked up and first to be dropped off- nice! since the hotel is close to the freeway

executive lounge
very nice- good selection of food
rooftop patio and view of river and city

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa L
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for the 10/10 review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you soon. Safe travels!
Sydney
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Love this hotel, the rooms are great! Nice modern decor, large bathtub and huge shower area, full window wall. Geat tapas bar.
Beds are comfortable and large.
Perfect place to stay in Melbourne I will be back.
Also staff are excellent.

Room Tip: Standard room is exceptional. All facilities you need however wifi does cost ! Pick a room at end...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the fantastic review.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights. The room was comfortable, clean and well appointed. We were only given one bar of soap which was a bit of a pain moving it from hand basin to shower, especially when we were using the bathroom at the same time. On the second day our room didn't get made up at all. So I had to call down to reception to get it cleaned and get fresh towels etc. This was done quickly and efficently, plus we reccived 2 extra bars of soap, without even asking.

As we had just returned from a whole day out we were still in the room when the housemaids came up to clean our room. One made the bed as the other washed our coffee cups up in the bathroom. She then proceeded to dry the cups with one of the bath towells, which seemed somewhat unhygienic. Made you wonder what happens when you are not in the room whilst it's being cleaned. One last gripe, every room on our floor received a morning newspaper except for us, not sure if you had to ask for one. When we have stayed at other hotels of this ilk they always ask if we want the moring paper, but this lot didn't ask.

The reception area is very modern but somewhat unwelcoming and barnlike. The staff were very helpful and attentive. The breakfast I'm told is quite nice but I thought at over AUD$30per head was a bit pricey (plus I can't eat enough for breakfast to get my moneys worth). We had a lovely breakfast instead at one of the restaurants just next to the hotel and paid the same for two meals as we would have for one meal at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giusee L
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read your feedback we deeply regret any inconvenience caused as a result of the issues you experienced.

At Hilton, we highly value all our guests' feedback and in order for us to investigate the matter in further detail, I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly.

Thank you again for your time.