“Very enjoyable stay”

Pan Pacific Melbourne
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed December 9, 2012

stayed for just one night - wedding anniversary - in a King City view room on 14th floor. Room was lovely and the view was excellent down along the Yarra. Service was also excellent at all times. We were able to wander easily over to DFO and do a bit of Christmas shopping. The executive lounge was great - we basically didn't need to eat dinner anywhere else as the free snacks and drinks provided were both tasty and filling. Breakfast also good. The lounge is well worth the few extra $. Used the health club several times - equipment new and appeared well maintained. No pool but didn't really miss it on this occasion. Actually enjoyed the location as normally don't stay / visit in that part of the city - went for a run along the river on Sunday morning which was far less crowded than SOuthbank would have been.

Room Tip: Get a City / River view room - much nicer views. With the "Bay" view - even at higher lev...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

I really appreciate your review.

Thank you ever so much for sharing your positive experience with your fellow travelers. I’m glad you enjoyed your special night away in the city and our friendly staff looked after you well.

Hope to see you soon. Safe travels

There are newer reviews for Pan Pacific Melbourne

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This Hilton property is really impressive in every aspect.

The location of the hotel is not perfect. But it only takes you 10-15 minutes walk to Southern Cross Station, which I think is acceptable. Tram stop is within 5 minutes walk. There is also a DFO outlet next to the hotel.

The design of the lobby is unique, with a Mercedes car sitting at the center. Check in was fast, but again, no upgrade for HHonors Gold.

The room looks modern and well designed. A welcome card from the hotel was prepared. After I put down my bags, I left the room for a few minutes to pick up my luggage in the carpark. When I return to the room again it was already prepared with turn-down.

The executive lounge is huge with an outdoor area. It's worth to pay the extra for the executive level. The staff was nice, but 2 staff members serving the whole lounge may be too harsh for them.

Room Tip: If you drive, you need to park your car at DFO. Parking will be $20 per day for hotel guest. Buy som...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially our Executive Lounge.

We hope to see you soon on your next travels to Melbourne.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed Dec 8th as wife was attending a Christmas Party for her work.
Hotel room was small and the twin only had single beds not queen like most hotels
No racing TV on Foxtel
Bathroom nice and the bath was enjoyed by all
No pool or spa so capacity to relax a tad average
South Wharf DFO right next door so the was convenient.
Be good place to stop if shopping at DFO or part of an Exhibition was your thing .
Crown Hotels all much superior than this hotel
Only stay if rates really low or shopping is your motive .

Room Tip: Take cheaper option as location and facilities are average and not what constitutes a holiday resort
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very detailed review.

I really appreciate your comments and can assure you that I have shared them with my entire Senior Management Team. We are always looking for constructive feedback to improve our product and services.

Safe travels…

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hilton south warf this weekend just gone for 2 nights. We wanted somewhere really nice we could spend our honeymoon before we travel somewhere else. Having never stayed at a five star hotel which is how I rate it, we were a bit iffy as to how it would be. We were presently surprised about everything the people welcoming us as we walked in to me getting confused about check in and if we had already paid or not they were so helpful and helped me understand we then got to our room and it was perfect we stayed on level13 room 07 it had lots of space and a beautiful stunning view where we could watch the sunrise and sunset it was amazing.. We got room service a few times and the people delivering it were so polite and lovely.. We had buffet breakfast both mornings which was included in our package as we had never stayed there before we had no clue again the people were so welcoming and look after us amazing we couldn't have asked for better service, the variety of food in the buffet was huge u couldn't ask for anything else highly recommend making your own juice:) this hotel is so close to everything only a short 5 minute walk to crown and you don't even realise how long it takes as its a really nice walk and also safe. Check in and check out we're both a breeze it really has everything u need plus dfo right next door so pack comfy shoes hehe.. As I said I highly recommend this hotel and I rate it five stars we will definitely be coming back to stay as soon as we can:) thank you so much to all the staff at the hilton south warf on making our stay so memorable and comftoble :)

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf!

Glad you were able to experience our warm Hilton hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Safe travels..

Reviewed December 6, 2012

gorgeous hotel with incredible views from all sides. not smack bang in the city but theres good choices for dinner very close to the hotel. breakfast wasn't bad, staff were friendly. it is pricey but you get what you pay for. we had the relaxation room which was just massive. i would stay there over and over again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I really appreciate your review.

Thank you ever so much for sharing your positive experience with your fellow travelers. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff looked after you well.

Hope to see you soon. Safe travels

Reviewed December 4, 2012

In regards to my recent stay at this hotel I found the amenities and the overall ambience of the hotel as very good.However prior to checking into the hotel I had requested a Hilton upgrade to a two bedroom apartment .On arrival we were not able to be upgraded to this class of accomodation as it was mentioned that the two bedroom apartments were fully booked and we therefore kept our origional Hilton twin room booking.

During the course of the evening our television did not work and so I requested a change of room.It was mentioned that one two bedroom apartment was available however I would have to pay full price to update to this room.As I had already requested a two bedroom suite as part of an upgrade request I could not understand why I was asked to pay full price for this suite.We decided to keep our twin room under the circumstances.

Upon check out I noticed that an upgrade charge was added to the account however the hotel did rectify this straight away.

We did attempt to partake of some late drinks at the bar however there did seem to be some confusion as to service from the staff so we were uinable to enjoy drinks together.

All in all a very good hotel however our stay was made a little less enjoyable by the above events.Well located near Docklands and a easy walk into CBD.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and we deeply regret any inconvenience caused as a result of the issues you experienced.

At Hilton, we highly value all our guests' feedback and in order for us to investigate the matter in further detail, I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly.

Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Really a step above the other melbourne hilton on the park - very new hotel only a few years old, great views. What sets this hilton apart from others I believe is the service as well as the property - all staff very courteous, friendly and helpful as well as professional

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you so much for your fantastic review!!

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.