“Modern hotel in a surprisingly great location”

Pan Pacific Melbourne
Ranked #22 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have stayed here a dozen times and its funny as every time I get a local visiting me they are surprised by how easy it is get there, and how great it is. By car you can drive in to the South Wharf shopping complex and park there, which is also useful if you rent a car. You can walk along the yarra from the Crown complex within 10 mins, and you cross some newly opened cafes and restaurants. The whole walking route is beautiful.

The hotel is extremely modern and the decor is great. The rooms either get the view of the sea or the city (city being the better view). I would put the view of the City from here at par with the one from Crown or Langham.

The executive lounge is amazingly well though out. Big space and constantly served. The hotel does not have a pool however it was not missed. The gym is adequate.

The hotel is located on top of the convention centre so you do occasionally get large groups however the staff seem to be on top of it. I also stayed here with the family and we booked the 2 bedroom apartment on top, which was just perfect.

The spanish restaurant Nuevo has a great wine collection and is a good spot to have any business dinners.

Room Tip: The executive floors are the best. The city view is also better than the bay view. The 2 Bedroom apa...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Discostuu
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

As our regular guest I would like to thank you for all your support and loyalty of the hotel and the Brand in general. And thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review.

I’m glad you enjoy staying with us.

Hope to see you around the hotel soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,897)

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here last week for one night due to a work event, in the City View Deluxe King Room - Not sure of the price as it was through corporate deals. From Check-in to Check-out it was a great stay, Room was nice and clean with all the 5 star services expected, robes, slippers, bed turn down with chocolates. I ordered room service twice (first time at 11pm once I got back from my work event, second time for breakfast), both times food was great and service was quick. Each staff member I encountered was friendly and great, I even managed to lock myself out of my room when I came back from my work thing and literally within a minute it was sorted. Bed was extremely comfortable and pillows I wanted to take them home! Great service, great room and great view. Will definitely come back : )

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and all the services at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stylish furnishings, fantastic bathrooms (separate toilet, walk in shower and near full size luxury toiletries), city views, and super comfortable beds make this one of my favourite hotels. The location is not for everyone as it is attached to the convention centre, so not in the heart of town. However, it's right on the river, next to a DFO, and has lots of great new restaurants with river views to choose from.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

I really appreciate your review.

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with your fellow travelers.

Hope to see you soon. Safe travels

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Melbourne South Wharf recently while on holiday in Australia. We were upgraded to a suite and we had a great room. We had large windows that overlooked the Yarra River and city center. We had great views of the large buildings and river. The hotel is right next to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Center. The room had large bathroom, separate sitting area and good size bedroom. We had access to the Executive Lounge and it was large and great. The hotel is walking distance to the CBD and multiple South Bank restaurants and attractions. All of the people in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Select suite
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed our service and facilities throughout your stay.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to Melbourne.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Hilton South Wharf is literally attached to the convention center. I thought maybe it would be out of the way but it's location on the newer side of the Yarra river is very close to lots of action. A short walk along the river promenade and you're in the action of the great shops and restaurantes of the busy, south wharf area. Another short hop over one of the bridges and you're in central Melbourne. We upgraded to one of the suites and were wonderfully suprized by a huge living room and bedroom with a amazing view of downtown Melbourne. Especially at night. The bathroom was also huge with walk-in shower seperate from the made for two tub between which you could play football (American). There's also a seperate guest half-bath and walk-in closets. Amenities included coffee,tea etc and mini-bar and a nice touch, a faux espresso machine.
The lobby is large but not overwhelming with soft wooded colors of brown, black and red. The wood paneling is probably of some native wood. Staff very helpful and pleasant especially the concierge who arranged our tours.
The manager on duty was able to negotiate a great price when we requested an upgrade to the suite. Very professional and cordial.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

I really appreciate your review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and all its facilities, especially our suites and the view into the city.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

It was a late stay, but the room was perfect.
Everything you come to expect from Hilton, lovely view from the full height windows, black out curtains to help the sleep in and a massive shower to wash away the party from the previous night.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Really appreciate your review. Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travelers.

Hope to see you soon. Safe travels

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This place was impressive from start to finish. The hotel was easy to get to....valet parking ($45) and check-in was a breeze. Staff were friendly and welcoming.....and we were offered a complimentary late check-out of 1pm....which was greatly appreciated.
The room was fantastic...clean and comfortable, the bathroom was excellent and the blockout blind works very well!!!
My only complaint with the room was that the thermostat didn't appear to work.....it was set on 18c and Cold, yet seemed to be blowing warm air.
We tried room service and could not find fault with the food or the service. (Try the Great Aussie Burger...it's...great!)
We were in town for the Flight of the Conchords concert at The Plenary.....I strongly recommend staying here if you are going to an event at the Melbourne Convention Centre.....and to top it all off there is great shopping and restaurants right on the doorstep with the DFO next door. We will be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

I was very pleased to read your review. Glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay specially the accessibility to the Convention Centre. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your air conditioning. I have addressed this with our Chief Engineer, who will be attending to this on priority.

Once again thank you for your time and hope to see you soon.