“"Magical Experience"”
Review of Kayak Melbourne

Kayak Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Kayak Melbourne offers exceptional day and evening sightseeing tours. Guests enjoy spectacular views of Melbourne's iconic sights as they paddle through the heart of the city. Our tours are led by passionate guides who love to share insights about the city, and even include a stop along the way for fish 'n chips, a unique on-water dining experience. Kayaking on the Yarra is an incredible way to sight-see while getting a bit of fitness at the same time. It is our pleasure to show off Melbourne from a unique perspective to locals and visitors and look forward to having you along for a fun paddle soon!
“"Magical Experience"”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My parents were over from the UK and I took a chance hoping they would like the tour as much as I did last year. Wow, what an experience. The weather and water were perfect. As we sailed down the Yarra, the full moon was ahead of us, pink sky behind, the tennis men's final was playing on a big screen, the flames were amazing at Crown, all was perfect. It was like Melbourne had switched it all on, out to impress. My parents both said it was the absolute highlight of their month trip to Australia. They actually called it "magical".
Our tour guide Matt was just wonderful. Very professional and made the whole experience relaxed and fun. My Mum was a little nervous at first but he quickly set her mind at ease.
My family and I will surely be recommending the tour to others and I dare say be back to repeat the experience again soon.
Thank you for making my parents trip!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Melbourne from the middle of the Yarra”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

A great way to see the city - sunset cruise, almost effortless paddling. Starting at the refurbished docklands the sunset paddle takes about 2 hours and covers 3 kms up the lazy river. With stops for Fish and Chips and for watching the fireballs on the south bank it is a wonderful introduction to Melbourne and its history. No experience required and the kayaks are doubles which means the paddling is really easy.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Moonlight Kayaking Tour”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

A spectacular view of Melbourne. Thanks to Kent for a seamless booking service and Thanks to Matt for being a great guide. HIghly recommended. *NB note that the tour doesn't start and finish at the same spot!

Visited February 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best way to see Melbourne”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've been living in the inner suburbs of Melbourne for over a year, making countless trips to the cbd, the yarra waterfront, the south warf and so on... I did not expect the sunset kayak cruise up that yarra and docklands to be so eye-opening. If you only have a couple days in Melbourne or just want to see something new, Kayak Melbourne is definitely the greatest way to see the city from its best angles. Going for the fish and chips in a boat is pretty fun aswell.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A Must Do”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My wife and I, along with two friends, were visiting Melbourne for the Australian Open and heard about the Moonlight Kayak Tour. We are so glad we did this. It was the highlight of our five-day visit (other than the tennis, of course). Seeing the city skyline from the surface of the river during sunset was spectacular. Bring your camera. The kayaks are safe and easy to handle, but be advised that you may be a bit stiff after your two-hour journey. The location on the wharf was not easy to find (our cab driver didn't have a clue) so you may want to get detailed directions when you book.